Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, looks like I'll have to buy a new car soon, maybe within the next two weeks. I was going to hold off until March but let’s just say it wasn't a great holiday for me..... Anyway what I really want is:

-Toyota Tacoma (07 or 06) willing to pay $750 more for 07.
-Double Cab but will settle for Access Cab
-6 foot bed but I understand that the TRD Tacoma Double Cab doesn’t come in 6’ so I guess its either 6’ non TRD or 5’ with TRD.
-V6 4WD Auto

Anyway ideally I would like an 06, Double Cab, 6’ bed, V6, 4WD, Auto. I think it MSRP for $26,460 but blue book is currently at $24,524 because it’s the end of the year. There is also a $750 cash back on this car. My question is what’s a good OTD price for this? I’m thinking $24,000-$25,000but I understand that his is a very hot car and I don’t know if this is going to be too low.

I’ve never owned a truck so is it worth the extra for the TRD suspension? How much more would I have to pay for an 07?

Was there any changes to the 07 model?

This will be my everyday driver and I dont plan on doing to much off roading but who knows.




Thanks
 

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
Raskal311 said:

-6 foot bed but I understand that the TRD Tacoma Double Cab doesn’t come in 6’ so I guess its either 6’ non TRD or 5’ with TRD.
You can get the double cab with 6' in TRD sport trim. I think MSRP on that bad boy is right at 30k so you need to be ready for more than your estimated 24/25k out the door price.

I dont have TRD and it doesnt really bother me. If you dont plan to do any offroading then you may be able to save some money going non-trd.
 

·
TN User
06 Tacoma DBL Cab LB
Joined
·
265 Posts
Double Cab 6' bed come in non-TRD 4x4. You may need to have the dealer locate one for you since toyota is notorious of package optioning. You may need to order from factory but that gets expensive and you lose your bargaining chip. I just went to toyota website and right now with no other option just a plain vanilla Dcab longbed 4x4 auto MSRP is $26,560. With option it will be more than that. Good luck.
 

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
redtoytaco said:
Double Cab 6' bed come in non-TRD 4x4. You may need to have the dealer locate one for you since toyota is notorious of package optioning. You may need to order from factory but that gets expensive and you lose your bargaining chip. I just went to toyota website and right now with no other option just a plain vanilla Dcab longbed 4x4 auto MSRP is $26,560. With option it will be more than that. Good luck.
Look again. DC long bed, next screen option B is the TRD sport package, msrp $30,555... unless it is a regional thing? But that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.
 

·
TN User
06 Tacoma DBL Cab LB
Joined
·
265 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
Look again. DC long bed, next screen option B is the TRD sport package, msrp $30,555... unless it is a regional thing? But that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.
Yep, toyota website provide available options per region. Try putting in 90500 zip which is around the southern cali and they have more options. But being listed on the website doesn't mean it is at the dealership. Dealers tend to stock trucks with lots of options. Most of the trucks that I have seen when I was looking early part of this year has at a minimum an SR5 package which has a MSRP $28,085 now. I ended up ordering and getting all the options I wanted. :eek:hyeah: The wait was long though.:eek:
 

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
redtoytaco said:
Yep, toyota website provide available options per region. Try putting in 90500 zip which is around the southern cali and they have more options. But being listed on the website doesn't mean it is at the dealership. Dealers tend to stock trucks with lots of options. Most of the trucks that I have seen when I was looking early part of this year has at a minimum an SR5 package which has a MSRP $28,085 now. I ended up ordering and getting all the options I wanted. :eek:hyeah: The wait was long though.:eek:
90500 isnt a real zip code according to the Toyota site and mapquest, but ill take your word for it;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow.. well I dont want to spend more then $26000 OTD so I'll take what I can. I was told someone got a 06, DC, 2x4 V6 for $24000 otd. How much more do you guys think it would cost to get the same truck in 4x4?
 

·
TN User
06 Tacoma DBL Cab LB
Joined
·
265 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
90500 isnt a real zip code according to the Toyota site and mapquest, but ill take your word for it;)
Sorry, try 90510. I just tried it and it works.:D
 

·
TN User
06 Tacoma DBL Cab LB
Joined
·
265 Posts
Raskal311 said:
wow.. well I dont want to spend more then $26000 OTD so I'll take what I can. I was told someone got a 06, DC, 2x4 V6 for $24000 otd. How much more do you guys think it would cost to get the same truck in 4x4?
Normally 4x4 will cost you about 2K more but you have to consider what package is on the truck and considering you are in socal you are also looking at 7.75% or more for sales tax. Was the 24K DC a long bed or a short beb? Check edmunds.com or NADA.com for invoice pricing and option to give an idea on what it will cost and what you are willing to pay. I'm no expert in pricing out trucks so this is just my $.02.

[eidt]

Also, if you are in the LA, OC area try Longo Toyota in El Monte. They are trying to get 25,000 cars sold by the end of the year to beat their 24000 last year. They may be very willing to deal right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Raskal311 said:
wow.. well I dont want to spend more then $26000 OTD so I'll take what I can. I was told someone got a 06, DC, 2x4 V6 for $24000 otd. How much more do you guys think it would cost to get the same truck in 4x4?
what's a DC? edit...nvm double cab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Ok here's my deal: Yay or nay?

Year: 2007
Model: Tacoma 2WD

Trim: 4 Door 2WD PreRunner Double Cab

Exterior Color: Black Sand Pearl

Interior Color: Taupe

Transmission: 5 Speed Automatic ECT

Engine: V6

MSRP: $26,612.00


OptionsAm/Fm/Cd W/6 Disc Changer, 6 Speakers And Steering Wheel Audio Controls Leather Interior Vehicle Shield Package
  • Lusterizing Sealant
  • Sound Shield
  • Sealant Cleaner
  • Rental Car Assistance
Carpet Floor Mats W / Door Sill Protectors Sr5 Package #2: Remote Keyless Entry,
  • Cruise Control, Variable Speed Wipers,Chrome Grille Surround And Rr Bumper, Color-Keyed Fr Bumper And Overfenders, Fog Lamps, Sliding Rr Window W/Privacy Glass, Metallic Tone Instr Panel Trim, Leather Strng Wheel And Shifter, Sunvisors W/Mirrors And Extenders, Sr5 Badging
Your price on this vehicle will be $24,211.07 + TT&L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I purchased your exact truck you describe in the first post.

Double Cab
Long Bed
V6
4WD
Auto
SR5


Mine was an 06 which started a little over $28,200. They took $3,800 off MSRP, then the $750 rebate. Then I recieved $400 for a recent graduate bonus. Out the door with tax, title and extended warranty I think I paid $25,200. I purchased on 12-08 at DCH toyota in Oxnard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Here is what Carsdirect shows for this area. The long bed only comes with the TRD Sport in the 4x4 and looks like it is over $27k before tax, lic. etc. The access cab is closer to what you want to spend

http://[IMG]http://ad.doubleclick.n...60;dcadv=1030813;sz=728x90;ord=6417805?[/IMG]

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Double-Cab 140.9 in. WB Base V6

$29,905
MSRP Price:
$27,115
Invoice Price:

$27,515
Sales Price:
($500)
Manufacturer Rebates:


Net Cost: $27,015​

pricing as of 01/02/07 in zip code 90005

Incentives & Rebates
Customer Rebate Expires 01/02/07
($500) Powertrain
Engine: 4.0L V6 DOHC SMPI
6-cylinder 236 hp engine with 4.0-liter displacement, dual overhead cam valvetrain, sequential multi-port injection
STD Transmission: Electronic 5-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive
STD Wheels and Tires
Tires: P245/75R16
Heavy Duty tires with 245mm width, 16.0" rim
STD Wheels: 16 in. x 7J+30 Style Steel Disc
STD Tires: P265/65R17
Heavy Duty tires with 265mm width, 17.0" rim
Included Wheels: 17 in. x 7.5J+30 Aluminum Disc
Included Wheels: 16 in. x 7J+30 Aluminum Disc
$320 Wheels: Baja 16 in. Alloy (PPO)
$450 Seats and Seat Trim
Bucket Seats
STD Edge Cloth Seat Trim
STD Sport Bucket Seats
Included Zodiac/Zinc Cloth Seat Trim
Included Edge Cloth Seat Trim w/SR5 Package
N/C Audio
Radio: AM/FM/CD w/6 Speakers
STD Radio: Deluxe AM/FM In Dash 6 CD Changer
$150 Radio: Premium JBL AM/FM In Dash 6 CD Changer
$420 Option Groups
Preferred Accessory Package
$147 Convenience Package
$478 Towing Package
$520 SR5 Package #2
$1,220 TRD Sport Package #2
$2,686 Other Options
3.727 Axle Ratio
STD Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 5,450 lbs
STD Monotone Paint Application
STD Super Sport Shell by SNUGTOP
$1,350 Vehicle Stability Control
$817 Driver & Passenger Curtain & Side Airbag System
$559 Towing Receiver Hitch w/Converter (Class III)
$370 TRD Performance Exhaust
$355 Limited Slip Rear Differential
Included Painted Silver Tube Steps
$300 V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System
$299 Running Board
$259 Roof Rack
$219 Auto-Dimming Mirror
$189 Bed Extender
$189 Front Skid Plate Running Board

N/C Destination Charge
Manufacturer's Destination Charge
$645
Option prices are for manufacturer-installed options and may vary for dealer-installed options.

Special note on incentives & rebates please read
Net cost with selected options: $27,015
 

·
TN User
06 Tacoma DBL Cab LB
Joined
·
265 Posts
Raskal311 said:
so net is Net Cost: $24,090 woudn't the total cost with tax and all papers about $26,000? I norally add 8% for tax and licens.
The price he got from cardirect is a Prerunner which is a 4x2 and not the 4x4 that you were asking for. What oxnard111 got is probably the closes to what you were looking for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
redtoytaco said:
The price he got from cardirect is a Prerunner which is a 4x2 and not the 4x4 that you were asking for. What oxnard111 got is probably the closes to what you were looking for.
Sorry, missed that. I updated my info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Picked up a 07 Prerunner Double cab at invoice !!!! Thanks everyone

If anyone is looking for a car go to Elmore Toyota and ask for Sid a sales rep. Dealing with him was fast and easy, he was super nice and I was very happy with his service. Anyway I'm in the market for some accessories, wheres the best place to shop? Ebay?


 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top