Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
BrianOwens said:
Knailgun that is the setup i want, Very nice look. I may adopt your trunk layout into my car.
use your imagination.....that is how I came up with this one...hopefully, should all go to plan, this'll look very different

·
The good girl
559 Posts
Knailgun said:
because I already have 2 up front, and after all I only have 2 seats in the car...one for me, and one for a beautiful canadian....no not Ekam...:lol:
:heart:

LiquidClen: having his tv's in the back facing out the window is usefull in car meets and shows too, that way people can safefully watch something on there without actually getting in the car. It proved being very usefull last summer in TO!

BrianOwens: Yeah man, use your imagination, Neil's setup is nice but change stuff around and make it your own design, copying him is not cool.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
It is a common design though. I wouldn't feel bad for implementing someones good idea.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
98tercel_girlie said:
BrianOwens: Yeah man, use your imagination, Neil's setup is nice but change stuff around and make it your own design, copying him is not cool.
I wasnt saying i was gonna copy per say. I am of course going to change it to meet my requirements. and then again i might not even go that route at all.

I was starting to think of the idea of building the subwoofers into the wheel well and then raising the floor about 4-5" so i could Build the subwoofers into the floor along with amplifiers for the ultamite clean look...everything under the floor (wires and all)

·
Del The Funky One
763 Posts
Why not just go IB in the rear deck?

Then you can mount your amps right behind your wheel wells, between the wheel wells and the taillights. And that will leave PLENTY of room for spare access and storage.

·
Audiophile on a budget
1,196 Posts
Delay_FTB said:

Then you can mount your amps right behind your wheel wells, between the wheel wells and the taillights. And that will leave PLENTY of room for spare access and storage.
Ideally, that's what you want to do..

However, in some cars, there isn't enough clearance to get a subwoofer to actually slide on in the baffle... or in the case of my Gen3, there's a bunch of steel beneath it... :disappoin

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Delay_FTB said:

Or just mount it to the back of the back seat.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Right now i have one amp mounted on my seat, i plan to either go with one of my other idea's that i have posted or im going to build one of these again:

Minus of course all the messy wiring and shitty cap...the only concern i have is that my 1210a Amplifier which is about 24inches long might take up too much room to fit my 4-channel amp. or even a 6 channel when i get one. So I go back to my other 2 idea's of custom trunk layouts. I actually found a Infinity 6-Channel Refrence amp that looks identical to my 1210a Mono amp. Both are about the same length so i guess eventually when i go active i wont be able to use the setup above.

·
Del The Funky One
763 Posts
TakeABao said:
Ideally, that's what you want to do..

However, in some cars, there isn't enough clearance to get a subwoofer to actually slide on in the baffle... or in the case of my Gen3, there's a bunch of steel beneath it... :disappoin
So break out the torches!!!!:lol:

I don't know what the rear deck of a gen3 is like, but in the gen4 I think it would be do-able (not sure what kinda car we're really talkin' about here (edit: now I see its a gen5)). And if you really wanted to, just get one 6 channel or whatever, and mount it on the back seat, that way the only fab/mod work you would have to do would be on the rear deck. I would think one (with some good experience) could Fiberglass something pretty cool for a rear deck IB setup.

Not to get too crazy here, but what about figuring a way to mount the subs kind of in the 6x9 locations, only instead of pointing in the car, they face the trunk. I'm not talking actually in the stock locale, but sort of up in the corners of the trunk, right under the rear deck. Might be a pain, but I don't think I've ever seen it done before. Make it so they don't take up ANY floor space, and mount the amp(s) where ever.

Just some ideas though.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
i have a good amount of experience in Fiberglassing and i have many idea's with that route.

I might take Cam's suggestion and get hydralic lifts for the trunk.....but a question to that is.....if i made the rear deck so it could hold 2 ARC Audio flatlines.....would that sound right? If i sealed everything?.

Also what do you guys think of this idea: Fiberlgassing a new rear deck panel, but make it so the 2 amplifiers are built into the rear deck itself? (Given that my Rear window is Tinted 20% almost blacked out).

·
Del The Funky One
763 Posts
You're talking about having the amps on the rear deck, and glassing them into the deck?

Might be kinda cool.

Run the amps IB!

LOL

(that was a joke)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts