Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i took my 19 LE to Dealership in Atlanta to apply most recent TSB they published on November 1st about transmission being jerky and hesitating. Service Manager told me TSB doesn't show up on my VIN that i have to wait until it is mailed to me or shows up on my VIN in order for them to do it. I know for the fact that it's a TSB not a recall and basically they will flush the ECU and erase the learning algorithm of transmission so it can be relearned. Anyone knows if it's true i need to wait to get that TSB applied? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can try to reset the ECU with a scan tool or disconnecting negative battery cable. It can temporary fix the problem

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a dashcam, so I'd love to see them not do it and then claim that they did.
and That`s exactly what they gonna do. No judging but my Toyota Dealership experience has been nothing but horrible. I don`t trust any the word they say.

·
BOBfromNJ
2019 Camry XSE
23 Posts
I have a dashcam, so I'd love to see them not do it and then claim that they did.
That's a good one. Also what about Page 6. Do they have the "Authorized Modification Labels" in stock?
I can remember my older Camry that also needed this done to the transmission. Before I left the dealer I opened the hood and you guessed it...no label. After confronting the service manager and waiting another hour they where able to produce a label!!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am not well equipped when it comes to technical stuff so just want to make sure before i do anything. It`s great if it will not.
After you reset the ECU, it will need to relearn the driving style hence, it will drive differently compared to prior. So it may help it may not.

·
Registered
157 Posts
and That`s exactly what they gonna do. No judging but my Toyota Dealership experience has been nothing but horrible. I don`t trust any the word they say.
This is what I typically do. Find them on Facebook, Twitter, social media and voice your complaints.

I found some email for some Chief at AAA, emailed him, his secretary had branch manager called me to resolve the problem.

This is after being unsuccessful with multiple represenatives.

May be talk to your sales person.

TSB says 2019 Camry and NO specific VIN.

I doubt tech will perform post configuration either. I would specifically request it and want confirmation on work order that it was performed.

I woud not muck around with ECU to give Toyota any excuses to use against me.

HTH

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am not well equipped when it comes to technical stuff so just want to make sure before i do anything. It`s great if it will not.
BAD news.

I called Toyota and VIN was ran. I was informed TSB is not generated by Toyota; hence, would not be covered under warranty. WTF!

Time to stir up shit from social media and see what matures.

·
Registered
157 Posts
BAD news.

I called Toyota and VIN was ran. I was informed TSB is not generated by Toyota; hence, would not be covered under warranty. WTF!

Please give our Customer Relations Manager a call and she can look into this - respond from social media (Facebook) and will update on results.

I would suggest you all do the same.

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please give our Customer Relations Manager a call and she can look into this - respond from social media (Facebook) and will update on results.

I would suggest you all do the same.
Did you call Toyota headquarters or your dealership? I am confused if this can be performed without specifically shows up on my VIN or not? Some says dealer can do it some says they can`t.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did you call Toyota headquarters or your dealership? I am confused if this can be performed without specifically shows up on my VIN or not? Some says dealer can do it some says they can`t.
Call the dealership. Service guy stated TSB is not from Toyota; hence, no warranty and would have to be paided for. He also stated TSB is not a recall.
I called their BS because TSB is copyrighted by Toytota. It looks like all the service personel have been trained.
Dealership scanned my VIN as well.
Wating to hear back from Customer Relations Manager
I think as more and more raise the issues especially through social media, it might create a change - IMHO.

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Call the dealership. Service guy stated TSB is not from Toyota; hence, no warranty and would have to be paided for. He also stated TSB is not a recall.
I called their BS because TSB is copyrighted by Toytota. It looks like all the service personel have been trained.
Wating to hear back from Customer Relations Manager
I think as more and more raise the issues especially through social media, it might create a change - IMHO.
Their service guys ain`t *hit. All they do is changing oils all day. and i am pretty much got stuck with them until my warranty for free oil change expires. I called another dealership the lady on the phone had no idea what TSB stands for. Sometimes i feel like i know more than they do, which i am pretty sure i don`t know nothing about cars.

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wrote to Toyota waiting for their response as to how to properly get TSB serviced by dealership. I`m curious about their answer, if they respond.

·
BOBfromNJ
2019 Camry XSE
23 Posts
BAD news.

As far as Toyota NOT generating the TSB's... here is what Google has to say.

A TSB is issued by an automaker when there is a growing trend with an unanticipated problems, but does not warrant a recall.

Think we all would agree that this is an "unanticipated problem". We all need to stick together with this !!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
As far as Toyota NOT generating the TSB's... here is what Google has to say.

A TSB is issued by an automaker when there is a growing trend with an unanticipated problems, but does not warrant a recall.

Think we all would agree that this is an "unanticipated problem". We all need to stick together with this !!!!
Agreed!!! We need to start bashing Toyota dealership. Thanks for the info.

From Customer Relations Manager, I am sorry to hear about the disappointment. I am going to review your questions and concerns with our Service Director.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts