let's start talking about the new tundra

what do you want to see?

diesel?
25mpg?
real truck interior available?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Real truck interior? What is that supposed to mean? Toyota should make something like GM and offer trucks with shitty interiors? Nobody likes bad interiors, even GM is adding "carlike" interiors to it's new truck.

With that said, in quality and fit and finish, the current Tundra is ahead of any domestic truck when it comes to interior.

I'd love to see the rumoured 400HP V8 in the Tundra, and fuel economy that would match or beat the coming GM trucks.

And of course a diesel HD Tundrra would be really awesome.

·
Cressida Whore
435 Posts
The Tundra and Sequoia's dashboards are copycats of the Fords. The only difference is they organized the placements and used aheckuvalot better quality. I want to see toyotas dashboard design in there. A mix of 4Runner, LandCruiser dash design in the new Tundra. Not a copycat dash with ugly lower end styling around teh cigrette lighters.

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Make the Tundra bigger, wider and a taller. Stretch the wheelbase.
Give it more powerfull engine: long-stroke for more low-end power, more displacement (5.5L or bigger).
Id also like to see an option of a 3/4 ton Tundra with a diesel, solid front axle and all in all just a beefier Tundra for people who want Toyota reliability but need something with a little more "giddy up go".
Id also like to see a Tundra TRD (something like the SVT Lightning or the Ram SRT-10). Basically, do the same thing that Toyota did with the Tacoma X-Runner, but give it at least 500 hp. Im tired of Dodge bragging about having the word's fastest production pickup when I know that Toyota can do better. All Dodge basically did was cram the Viper's V-10 into a 4x2 Ram and give it a slight suspension lowering. If Toyota can make a Tundra with 500 hp and work the same suspension magic they did on the X-Runner, that would be one sweet truck.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,764 Posts
I have to say, if they can make a better interior than Nissan's Titans. They have a better seller. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you guys took this all wrong

i wasn't talking about compariing it to the ford and chebby trucks

I just don't want a big freakin console in the middle of a truck

the shifter should be on the steering wheel column

not on some stupid console in between the front seats

that is a real truck interior

for us giant guys trucks are about the only thing left that we can fit in

and now the stupid manufacturers are not offering trucks without consoles

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
Um, the picture I showed had the shifter on the column, and my dad's Tundra had it there, too. My grandpa's T-100 has a column shifter, also.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
So are you saying you want to see a 5 or 6 speed manual column shifter? I didn't think so. So why would you want the automatic lever up there?

Put the auto shifter on the floor . This isn't your grandpa's truck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I dont think his issue is REALLY with the shift lever, but with the center console. I have a lot of cusatomers complain that they cant get a bench seat in the double cabs. They like the room around their legs. The large console in the Tundra/Sequoia restricts their space. And i think we would agree that a long auto tranny lever on the floor w/a bench seat would be a little rediculous! :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TbombsGen3 said:
I dont think his issue is REALLY with the shift lever, but with the center console. I have a lot of cusatomers complain that they cant get a bench seat in the double cabs. They like the room around their legs. The large console in the Tundra/Sequoia restricts their space. And i think we would agree that a long auto tranny lever on the floor w/a bench seat would be a little rediculous! :lol:

right
it's all about room
the auto shifter should be on the column
trucks bounce around a lot at times and room is needed

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
The floor mounted shifter must be popular, Ford recently started offering it in the F-150.
I personally like it better on the floor, it just feels more natural. The colum-mounted shifters feel clunky and awkward to me.
I do see your point though, a regular cab with a bench seat and floor shift would kinda suck. Ive sat in the middle on enough regular cabs with manual trannys to know how that is.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
Captain_Toyota said:
The floor mounted shifter must be popular, Ford recently started offering it in the F-150.
I personally like it better on the floor, it just feels more natural. The colum-mounted shifters feel clunky and awkward to me.
I do see your point though, a regular cab with a bench seat and floor shift would kinda suck. Ive sat in the middle on enough regular cabs with manual trannys to know how that is.
I've sat there, too, and it's well kind've awkward having to shift into somebody's crotch.:ugh3:

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
84Cressida said:
I've sat there, too, and it's well kind've awkward having to shift into somebody's crotch.:ugh3:
I guess it depends whos driving. If its a hot chick, she can shift into my crotch any time! :naughty:
If its a dude, no thanks! :disappoin

·
Needs To Speed
1994 Camry
296 Posts
Duallies!!!!!

·
Cressida Whore
435 Posts
Personally, i like the center console with the floor mounted shifter. I'd rather have the console about 2inches higher than my lap. Feels more like a command center thatway. No Gated shifters. I hate them things. Armrests that come down from both sides of the captain chairs. BTW, the Tundra does come with a optional front bench seat on the double and access cab. Double Cab Shown.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CACressida said:
Personally, i like the center console with the floor mounted shifter. I'd rather have the console about 2inches higher than my lap. Feels more like a command center thatway. No Gated shifters. I hate them things. Armrests that come down from both sides of the captain chairs. BTW, the Tundra does come with a optional front bench seat on the double and access cab. Double Cab Shown.

yeah, like that pic

now, what about diesel? smaller v6 diesel? i6, i4? diesel? good mpg?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts