Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went a looked at the new 4wd trd sport 5.7 Tundra crew cab. All I can say is "damn"
A few things I didn't care for such as It looks like like they skimped a little on some of the plastic, but all in all.....I'm glad I didn't drive it or I know I would have bought it. It's a beast!!!!

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
jskicet said:
I went a looked at the new 4wd trd sport 5.7 Tundra crew cab. All I can say is "damn"
A few things I didn't care for such as It looks like like they skimped a little on some of the plastic, but all in all.....I'm glad I didn't drive it or I know I would have bought it. It's a beast!!!!
what was the price on that sucka?

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
yep, saw that thread a few days ago.... thanks a bunch for reminding everyone that toyota has a website :lol:

no seriously, thanks.

·
Why Chu Gotta Be A Douche
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
The site sucks right now. You can pick regular cab but with the long bed only and an access cab with the short bed only. Either the computer I'm using at work sucks or the site sucks. I want to outfit a regular cab short bed with the 5.7L and ahve it be 4x4 but you cant mix all that together on the site. Oh well.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma AC 4x4
217 Posts
I looked at one today also, and it is for sure a damn nice truck. The I looked at was a crew cab, standerd cab, 5.7 with six speed auto, limited, and TRD off-road package. Total sticker price on it was $36,002.

·
Registered
'07 DCLB 4X4
137 Posts
Also looked at one today. Am in the market for a Tacoma but the sales guy showed me that one. Dayummmmm!!! What a truck! Almost 35K and the dealer is not dealing at all on it...straight sticker price! Bright red, 381Hp, 400# torque, 6-speed auto, and a 4.30:1 rear gear equals a street sweeper for sure! That thing should haul the bacon! Didn't ride it as I would have gotten swayed!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
37,000 without the navigation. I hate to see the price on the mega cab. If you build one thats loaded it hits close to 50k mark. After these things get a few miles on them I'll go drive one. If it's black and has navi and 5.7 I'm sure I'll bring it home. Thats why I need to stay away.

·
Registered
253 Posts
No way I'd buy one for 50K.......I'd buy a GMC first when they come out with the 6 spd auto, and I'm not a GM guy (never had one but know those who do). If I wait a while, they'll be much more bang for the buck. I saw 3 new Tundras towing racing trailers, all were 4 doors (not the crew) and I was completely underwhelmed. Great mechanicals I'm sure, but they don't look expensive.OK flames are comin':lol:

·
Registered
293 Posts
i built a 5.7L double cab short bed 4x4 Limited w/ the option B and it was in the 41,848

Model: Tundra 4x4 Ltd
Year: 2007
Interior Color: Graphite Leather

Exterior Color: Slate Metallic ($0)

Base MSRP*: $38,550

Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee**: $645

Available Package: $2,653
Cold kit includes-heavy-duty battery, heavy-duty starter, enhanced anti-corrosion protection, windshield wiper de-icer grid with timer, 50 state emissions, Carpet floor mats w/door sill protector, DVD navigation system [6] with backup camera [7], JBL® AM/FM 4-disc in-dash CD changer and digital audio input, 12 speakers, 440W-peak-output amplifier, Bluetooth® [5] wireless technology capability and steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Daytime running lights, Mudguards, front and rear-black, Running boards-black, TRD Off-Road Package includes off-road-tuned suspension, unique 18-in. alloy wheels with P275/65R18 BFGoodrich® tires, fog lamps, front tow hooks, TRD Off-Road Package graphics, sliding rear window with privacy glass, Towing mirror

Accessory Options:
Cold kit includes-heavy-duty battery, heavy-duty starter, enhanced anti-corrosion protection, windshield wiper de-icer grid with timer: Included
50 state emissions: Included
Running boards-black: Included
Mudguards, front and rear-black: Included
DVD navigation system [6] with backup camera [7], JBL® AM/FM 4-disc in-dash CD changer and digital audio input, 12 speakers, 440W-peak-output amplifier, Bluetooth® [5] wireless technology capability and steering wheel-mounted audio controls: Included
TRD Off-Road Package includes off-road-tuned suspension, unique 18-in. alloy wheels with P275/65R18 BFGoodrich® tires, fog lamps, front tow hooks, TRD Off-Road Package graphics, sliding rear window with privacy glass: Included
Daytime running lights: Included
Towing mirror: Included
Carpet floor mats w/door sill protector: Included

Total MSRP**: $41,848

·
Registered
232 Posts
The new Tundra is premium priced. Ouch!!! It will be interesting to see how many full-size potential truck buyers are willing to pay a premium price to own a Tundra over cheaper domestic brands. I think the 200,000 a year Tundra sales goal is a bit optomistic.

·
Registered
293 Posts
have you built a comparable equipped Silverado? Or F150? it's right up there if not more. Especially w/ the Silverado winning truck of the year, the dealers are taking full advantage of that when it comes time to negotiate

·
Registered
57 Posts
My local Toyota dealer is selling the new Tundra's for about $2,500 off MSRP. So not all places are selling for sticker price. I can get a double cub for $30,924 and that includes 18inch tires and some other things. YOu can get a regular cab for about 28,000 something or 29,000 something with the TRD package. Thats not much different than the Tacomas. I'm looking at getting either a Tundra or Tacoma, maybe they can match the power of my mighty Yaris LOL:D the Yaris is my work car,but the new truck will be my weekend and play vehicle.

YotaYarisUSA

·
Registered
325 Posts
All models but the CrewMax double cabs are at the dealers. Those will be available in March This week I have noticed that the car carriers leaving the Toyota yard next to NUMMI are carrying a boat-load of these new Tundras, which means dealers here in the bay area should have them on the lot.

NorCalTacoma said:
So the Tundras are at local dealers now?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts