Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
92toyotaturbo86
1992 Toyota Pickup
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've read all the questions about turboing the 3vze and now im gonna do it. I just got the stock turbo intercooler wastegate everything out of my friends 89 mx-6. Now its time to install it. I'm only gonna run 7 lbs max and use a boost controller to set the cruise boost around 3. Now the questions is will my stock ecu and everyghing work with it. and ive heard about a 7 injector, how do i install that? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
89 Toyota Pickup
1,791 Posts
actually yes i do, A= Area of exhaust inlet and R= distance from the center of the turbine to the center of the exhaust inlet. here's a pic to help you out

has to deal with the size on the inducer and exducer. the size of the a/r determines when you want the boost to kick in! such as with the .63 it might be 4000-8000, and with a .82 A/R housing it might be 5000-9000. And for a small displacement engine you want a small turbo and for BIG displacement you wanna go for a big turbo thats as much as i know about it. Ive too also been lookin on turboing my 3vz, ive been told by the people that have done the turbo on a 3vz that they went with a .63 A/R. But if you want help on any info about turboing a 3vz this may be the wrong place, you should look at yotatech.com or contact bumpinyota on here, his great with all his info! but you need more help on turbo heres a good site that i learned from http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/turbo_tech102.html

I hoped i helped a lil bit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts