Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am really close to buying a automatic 92 Celica GT-S with 220K km on it. The current owner is a family friend and has no use for this car anymore. So if I want it he will give it to me for a good price. He bought it new when it first came out. There are few scrathcers here and there, also the paint looks very dull as I assume its regular tear and wear. After all its a 12 year old car. The seats are not very comfortable, I really sink into the seat when I sit down.

ne ways how much show I offer him with out offending him? I am in toronto so please indicate the currency.

Since this is an automatic car I do not plan on keeping it very long. I might keep it over the winter then sell it off. Maybe make a little profit! ;) I want to hear what you guys think.

Just curious if I wanted to get more horsepower out of this car and maybe change it to a manual trans. how much am I looking at? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
2,750usd is the blue book value (kbb.com) so i say erm .... offer about the same in canadian :D

to change over to a manual i guess you can pick up a good junk yard manual up for a few hundred and swap it in your self if you wish or if you cant or dont want too your looking over a thousand, and for more power anywhere from $2 - $3000

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
The GTS got adjustable support seat. Play with the setting. I love the seat and won't take them out for racing seat.
Check for rust under the car, oil leak around the engine, condition of rad, AC.
Its should be around $3000 depends on condition. Does it have sunroof, system 10 audio?

·
Registered
1991 Celica GTS
125 Posts
Where I'm from you can get them average for 2000 usd. I got mine for 1400 usd.

·
Registered
443 Posts
my car was rather Mint, and i got if from a dealer, when all was seed and done it cost me 3000, but the car was around 2000 and change. (CT cost alot to do all the DMV and documenting shit)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THanks!

This car does have a sun roof. I am not sure wat a System 10 audio is but it has a pretty decent deck, eq on it. My front door speakers are 10". Sounds pretty good! The car is in pretty good condition for a 92. I didin't find any rust either. I was thinking 2K CDN or lower would be a good deal. It drives great. I'll find out tomarrow exactly how much he wants. I'll let u guys know!

·
Registered
90 Posts
personally id leave the auto tranny in it...it will be too much money and too much trouble to put into an older used car.....not to mention I have a few friends that converted and most of them have problems with the manual tranny....depends on who does the job...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts