Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i recked my 94 camry about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I just got it back together and am now putting on the body kit and getting a new paint job. Once it is all said and done i'm going out and getting a new vehicle... (in the reck the strut frame was damaged beyond repair). I was wondering what vehicle is good for performance by toyota that is brand new. they took away celica, supra, and the older MR2... what should i get?

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
Tacoma X-Runner or pretty much anything with XRS trim level. Or you can wait until the 07b Camry comes out and go for the SE trim level. Can always go with tC from Scion, there is decent aftermarket support for upgrades and if you really want to go all out then you have hte IS from LExus. Those are the only ones I can think of that are available now or will be in the near future.

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was thinking about the tC it has nice interior and nice looks... plus they already have a TRD supercharger out for it :D

·
Registered
2002 Camry
58 Posts
I think it depends on your budget......I'd go for new IS if it's within your budget, power, luxury, tech, style, it's got it all. If IS is beyond your budget, my next selection will be gen5 or 5.5 camry se v6, because maybe you'll feel like "alright!! I'm still riding in a camry, but newer, faster, and sportier". tC is a good choice as well, but I just place it 3rd, behind IS and Camry.

·
Registered
'00 toyota camry
323 Posts
Toyota doesn't really have a new-model performance car, yeah don't hate me for that. I know the V6 camrys' & solaras are quick. But as far as off-the-lot peformance it isn't there.

A Scion tC w/ a supercharger sounds nice. A big plus there is that Scion will warrenty the TRD s/c. A new tC is about 16,000 and the TRD s/c kit is about 4,000 average plus dealer labour to get it installed under warrenty. So thats about 20,000$. 20K for a s/c tC with about 200 Whp is a great thing to consider.

Another great car as Cyorke mentioned is the Lexus IS300. Browse autotrader.com for a pre-owned IS300. I found an '02 IS300 on there for only 17,000$. And it had the 3.0 I6 w/ a manual tranny. Yeah thats a lot to pay for a used car but thats a great car. 215 HP, manual, Rear-wheel drive, lexus luxury, ect... There are s/c kits for the IS as well as turbo kits out there that can put down some power.

Between a s/c scion tC and a s/c IS300 i would go for the scion:)

EDIT: but that all depends on your budget

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
the existing 05 IS300 (old gen) are going for super cheap new at dealerships, bad part is that 5peed's aren't available. My local dealerships have a few of them new at a GREAT/SUPER price worth seeing. If i were in the market today, i'd be getting those right now, cus of the price and the incentives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts