Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pimpin the Lesbo Blue Cam
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to put new rims on my '94 camry le(stock). I want to put 16's on it, i was wondering if i was gonna have any clearance problems, or can i even go with 17's. Also what tires do you recommend, i want a tire that will be good in the rain and even in alittle snow.

NooB

3,030 Posts
You're joking! lol
Of course you can fit 17's with no problem on a Gen 3! Just take a look at the gallery pics. There are no clearance problems whatsoever, but I do suggest that you lower your car after that. The feeling will be that your car sits high and it probably is. 17" is basically the standard for racing rims, styling or whatever you want to call it

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
When you put larger wheels on the car, the tires get thinner so the overall diameter of the wheel and tire combination remains the same.

If you originally had 195/70-14 tires, you would use 215/45-17 tires. The overall diameter remains about the same so there is no clearance issue.

This site is very helpful for calculating tire sizes:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Turbo S2000 FTMFW
2005 Honda S2000
2,047 Posts
You can fit 17's, 18' and a few people even got 19's on their gen 3 camry. I've got 17 x 7.5" ICW 618's (+38 offset) with 225/45zr17 W90 tires just to give you an idea of what can work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts