Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm phil I just came into possession of a 1979 Corolla. it needs some help but I think it's savable. I'm looking for help advice and parts.

here's the car as found surprisingly the tires all had air in them and the frame rails didn't look rusty.

I even managed to get it to sputter to life but the carb is toast so thats one thing I'm looking for.

I plan to recommission this for commuter and autocross duty. I already have the 13x7 wheels and a possible 1" front bar

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the plan for commuter and autocross car are how fast can you go on very little money

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
:welcome: to Toyota Nation! Wow, you really do have your work cut out for you, but it's a project that'll certainly keep you out of trouble a while....;)

Glad to have you with us.

TrailDust

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today it moved under it's own power. I can't wait to see this thing on the track

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
I'm jealous!!!!!! I've been looking for a car like trhat for well over a year and a half. Wanna sell it?
Note my sig..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might consider selling if the offer is right. Truth be told I'm a Datsun guy so if you wave a Datsun car infront of me I'm more likely to trade/sell

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
I used to have a Datsun 510. It was a fun car. Rear wheel drive, dual point distributor and it came with independent rear suspension. I swaped in a 4 speed for the automatic, header, .040 over bore, Dual Zenith side drafts from Datsun 240Z and intake manifold . It was a kick to drive-back in the day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to have a Datsun 510. It was a fun car. Rear wheel drive, dual point distributor and it came with independent rear suspension. I swaped in a 4 speed for the automatic, header, .040 over bore, Dual Zenith side drafts and intake manifold from Datsun 240Z. It was a kick to drive-back in the day.
how on earth did you fit a 6 cyl manifold on a 4 cyl???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bet the setup you had was the SSS 38mm SU's. It is one of my favorite induction setups. As I put it "the closest thing to EFI you can get in a carby"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts