Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Damo
02 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey, my names Damo(damien). i'm from melbourne australia.
i own a 2002 corolla which is basicly stock, only a few little things here and there. i also have a 97 camry which is my race car, it has a few mods like ummm a changed muffler and modified intake is all i can think of atm(but theres more). oh and its had some of the interior and most of the stuff in the boot taken out to reduce weight. oh and another thing is diffrent wheles that are from an avalon(because it had steel wheles).

edit: oh btw my car is the camry not the other thing

·
Damo
02 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, it wrecked the from bumper, light, panel thingi(above the wheel), my nice wheel, my nice tire on the wheel, the strut, the spring, the drive shaft and umm i think thats it. oh and the fog light thing down the bottem survived in tact, it just fell out and was lying on the ground :)

cost alot to get running again so i figured i'd better not use a brand new car for racing. thats why i got the camry, cos its older and cos its made in australia so parts are cheaper and quicker to get.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Oh, I didn't know which picture you were talking about. lol

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
G'day mate :D Welcome to TN. Nice to see another Aussie here.

I'm sad for you having to part with your gorgeous Sportivo 'rolla. We don't get those cars here in N. Amer. Our 'rolla look different.

I love the fact that you track your Camry :respect: Is it manual?

·
Damo
02 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phi said:
I love the fact that you track your Camry :respect: Is it manual?
yea my camry is a manual. its good on the track because people greatly underesimate the camrys power, after a run i always get people asking me what have i done to it and saying stupid things like "you must have put a v8 in there". when i show em under the bonnet its always funny the look on their faces because it looks totaly stock, after that they are really quite and leave me alone(i think because a shopping hack is faster in a straight line than their car) :)

·
Damo
02 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Phi said:
Like your Corolla, manual V6 Camrys are somewhat rare here. Any plans on getting a supercharger? "Alex(AUS)" over at www.teamsc3.com who happens to be from Melbourne too managed to install the TRD supercharger on his RH drive Camry. Now that'd really make track days much more interesting ;)
nah no supercharger, not enough gain for the price and weight for me. i'd prefer to keep it as stock looking as posible and gain power else where. also i need to work on handling more because it doesnt go around corners as fast as i would like.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
Not sure what you've heard about the S/C, but everybody I've talked to loves their's - including myself. The fact that you've got a manual makes it that much more attractive. I hear ya on the price though. Had it not been for the blowout sale years ago, there's no way I would have paid full price.

As for cornering, a nice set of springs and struts should flatten things out. If you've got deeper pockets, maybe some coilovers. JIC makes a really nice set. If that's too much $$, checkout the group buy on D2 coilovers.

edit: since you're in AUS, give Whiteline a call and get yourself a thicker rear swaybar too

·
Damo
02 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i'm getting some toyota sportivo lowered springs this week, they are made for the heavier gen 5 so they should be nice and stiff, not as low but stiff and cheap sorta. as for the supercharger i think i would prefer a turbo or one of them other types of s/c i cant rember what they are called but something that can be intercooled would be good because at high speeds 150km/h+ it would work much better. besides the springs all i'm doing before my next race will be to try and improve the air intake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts