Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am interested in doing a 98 to 01 or 02 front end conversion. Here are my parts list:
Hood
Right /left Fender
Front bumper
Right/left headlamp
Right/left corner lamp
Grille

Am I missing anything else? Is 340 dollars for the whole thing a good price for the parts? How difficult was this to do if you have done this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can re-use the hood and fenders. They are the same between years. You'll need the wiring and plugs for the new lights, as they are separate high/low bulbs and not the old dual-filament.

It's easy to do but time consuming. Set yourself a day free to do it if you don't have experience.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Correct. Headlamps, side markers, and bumper. You will need to rewire the headlights. The old style uses a single bulb per side, new ones take two bulbs per side. Marker bulbs are the same, but you need the new casing.

There is no changes on the fenders and hood, so don't replace them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct. Headlamps, side markers, and bumper. You will need to rewire the headlights. The old style uses a single bulb per side, new ones take two bulbs per side. Marker bulbs are the same, but you need the new casing.

There is no changes on the fenders and hood, so don't replace them.
You wouldn't happen to have a wiring diagram for the lights would you for the lights?

·
Registered
360 Posts
You can use a splitter for the headlights. It's a harness that will divide the wires into two per side allowing plug and play of the new lights. No cutting or splicing needed. And *technically* you need new fenders because there are mounting tabs near the corner lights that are slightly different. The new bumper will sit slightly too low but the gap is negligible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can use a splitter for the headlights. It's a harness that will divide the wires into two per side allowing plug and play of the new lights. No cutting or splicing needed. And *technically* you need new fenders because there are mounting tabs near the corner lights that are slightly different. The new bumper will sit slightly too low but the gap is negligible.
Ok so I will end up getting the headlights, fenders, and bumper. I dont even know where to get a headlight splitter or what that even looks like. If you have a picture or a place to get them please let me know???

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ok so I will end up getting the headlights, fenders, and bumper. I dont even know where to get a headlight splitter or what that even looks like. If you have a picture or a place to get them please let me know???
Here you go. You have to choose which connections you want, I believe the 8.0 front uses an H4? So you would choose a H4 to 9005/9006 splitter. Everything is plug and play, and you will be able to use your low/high beam stalk as if it was oem.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/accessories/high-beam-splitters.html#.U12ctIm9Kc1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.