Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at an mr2 turbo right now, what would be the most you would pay for a 91 mr2 turbo, apparently great condition, with t-tops and all the options?I was thinking maybe 6k or so? The car is across the country so It would have to be shipped also. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
118 Posts
uhhhh........6k?

Seems a lot to me.

Is it stock or has there been any mods? I would suggest that you get a car that is local so that you can actually see what you are buying and beable to see all parts of the car.

Another crucial part is the engine. If you know a lot about cars, great but i would still suggest that you get a mechanic that you trust to look at the car with you. Just to have a second opinion.

People on this forum are very helpful so feel free to ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
umm more or less swapping the old engien with a similar if not same engine,

Im a novice mechanic my self ive swapped engines on a VW before thats about it.

Im not entirly a total moron if thats what your askin :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My price range was about 4k...couldnt find a good running turbo...I found a 92 turbo for 4600 but when i testdrove around the block the car overheated and started smoking. Then the dumbass guy popped the hood and knocked off the radiator cap and it exploded coolant into his engine...DAMN HOW DUMB can u get. He doesnt deserve to drive that car. But yeah i got mine for 3500 w/196000 miles and it runs perfect except for the gear grinding. My friend just got a 94 n/a w/ 72000miles for 7250. Which is a little bit overpriced but it is a 94. But try to get the turbo...if u cant wait...like me and my friend...N/a aint bad either. hahah But i kinda wished i had turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah if i end up swapping out the engine i definetaly wanna put a turbo in it.

A car liek that deserves one, however theres always an issue of time and money.

are the turbos harder to set up then the regular"non turbos"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.