Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off glad to be here I got my first Yota at 12 years old it was a 1982 4x4 truck that me and my granddad swapped the 20 out for a 22R. I am 42 now and still work in his shop unfortunately he was in a car accident in 1990 and was killed. Never the less I always had something and always loved them. Which brings me to you guys for help. I have built several 22r's and a few 3.0's and never had this problem nor has anyone I have asked heard of it. Here goes, I recently rebuilt a 3.0 in a 1990 4x4 king cab truck. It is done right everything new and it runs perfect almost. it idles good maybe surge every once in a while but not often. I backed out of the shop and start to do the maiden voyage and get about 1 mile down the road and its like i cut the switch off. It cranked after turning on it around 45 seconds. it fired up stumbled a second and cleared up. I noticed the 2 lights on letting me know the alternator wasn't charging so started back to shop and it went maybe 20 yards and same thing just like switch was cut off. this happened just like that for probably 1/2 a mile and then I thought maybe the battery was weak enough that in drive the load was too much so I put it in 1st and took off not a minutes trouble so i left it in 1st until just before my shop and bumped it into 2nd and instantly dead. Got it cranked put in 1st and drove threw my driveway up into shop and fixed the alternator. I was hesitant to get to far on next drive so i just went up and down driveway with the same outcome drive, 2nd, and reverse it dies but in first i can go anywhere. I checked the linkage and it not hitting any harness and everything around the shifter is working as it should. I unplugged neutral safety switch and it wont do anything. so plugged it back up and unlugged the solinoid beside it and nothing I have been checking forums and found nothing. This has been going on a week and its getting close to snapping my last nerve so if you can think of anything i need the help.
Thanks

·
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,830 Posts
Might want to post the question in the truck forum. 1990 hilux or ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts