Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like the title says, I'm new to the ENTIRE Toyota scene. Up until last year, I was one of those idiots that drove nothing but American cars. I had a 94 Dodge Shadow ES with a 3.0L, but that was before it blew up. Yes it basically blew up on me.....it was a piece of crap anyway. Well I can now tell you all that I am no longer the idiot I was before and have learned the true wonders of imports and all the fun I can have with it....Anyway onto the me/mine/mods.....

ME: Mark, 27 years old, I enjoy long walks on the beach...oh wait wrong forum type :lol:

MINE:89 Toyota Corolla GT-S Coupe, 1.6L Twin Cam...Hence my Screen Name (89TweenKam) and for some reason no Honda owners want to believe me when I tell them my car is faster than theirs bone stock....unless they have a turbo/supercharger. Honds'a Suck.....I always say....Some of you will agree....

MODS: Nothing right now except Eibach lowering springs (1" Drop)
Having trouble finding parts.....but I'm still doing research......

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Welcome to TN, my bro has the same exact car. Have to tell you though, careful of those Si civics with the VTEC engine. 150-160 horsepower is something the 4AGE engine can't take on stock. And about finding parts, its hard for the AE92, but you search enough, you can find some. And I wanted to get those same springs for my bro's GT-S when I thought he'd hand it down to me. Bet it looks sweet lowered an inch.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
*gag*

V-tech, the great torqueless monster :D

Domestics don't suck. You just had the most generic car ever made. The Dodge Shadow was also the Dodge Duster, the Plymoth Acclaim, the Chevy Sprint, the Chevy Corsica, the Chrystler Dynasty, and like 5 other cars.

It was a generic. Everyone made one.

Nothing wrong with american cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SmokingTiresV6....I think I made the wrong point.....ALL domestics don't suck, but MINE really did......In 6 months with that car I spent about 5K on it just trying to keep it running....in the 4 months I owned my Corolla, I've had to change the oil 2x.....thats a big difference....I wish I had that 5K back to put into this car.....

And Dark....Yeah I've seen those Civics running around but most of the time I've seen them, its a goon driving it so no worries...if they beat me, I go get my bro's Sentra SE-R Spec-V....and then the fun ensues.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.