Toyota Nation Forum banner

newbie to toyota radio and coolant questions

571 Views 30 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  75aces
i have a radio with 8 track cassette but there is a button lower right says CD is this a generic thing to keep cost down for radio or is there really a super hidden place to put a CD?
i have a hole near the top of the coolant resavoir is that normal so nthe coolant in this car is an open loop system?
thanks
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Administrator
マズダスピード3
19,301 Posts
The corolla had an option for a cd player. I never seen the optional cd player. Don’t know if it was a single din or it was double din.

Is your coolant overflow container cracked? That’s not normal. Would need to replace it.

· Administrator
マズダスピード3
19,301 Posts
Wait, that’s not for coolant. That’s for the windshield wiper fluid

· Administrator
マズダスピード3
19,301 Posts
Ok looked like the washer fluid.

Are you experiencing any cooling issues? Overheating?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok looked like the washer fluid.

Are you experiencing any cooling issues? Overheating?
No opposite getting warm and guage 1/2 as it should be but only warm and no air coming out of driver side floor vent
No you don’t. Have you ever even seen an 8 track player? The last one I saw
Sorry misuse of terms I HAVE A CASSETTE DECK

· Banned
227 Posts
i have a radio with 8 track cassette but there is a button lower right says CD is this a generic thing to keep cost down for radio or is there really a super hidden place to put a CD?
i have a hole near the top of the coolant resavoir is that normal so nthe coolant in this car is an open loop system?
thanks
What year is your Toyota? You may have a rare and very valuable radio/8track player! You may want to have an antique dealer give you an appraisal! If you can find an 8 track tape somewhere, you may want to check to see if it [the player] is still functioning. I'm guessing your Toyota is 40-50 years old! How many miles has it put on during the last 4 or 5 decades?

· Registered
79 Posts
I doubt that is an 8 track tape deck, probably is cassette. I have a radio in my 1999 Tacoma truck that has an option for an external CD player and in fact I added one. I am going to put the same kind of installation in my 1997 Celica, since the CD in the radio has quit. I did have an aftermarket radio back in the early 90's that had a "CD" button but in reality it was a cover you pulled off to insert the audio plug from a portable CD player.

· Registered
266 Posts
I doubt that is an 8 track tape deck, probably is cassette. I have a radio in my 1999 Tacoma truck that has an option for an external CD player and in fact I added one. I am going to put the same kind of installation in my 1997 Celica, since the CD in the radio has quit. I did have an aftermarket radio back in the early 90's that had a "CD" button but in reality it was a cover you pulled off to insert the audio plug from a portable CD player.
In lexus back in late 90s had cd changer in trunk.

· Supercharzed Toyz Raczing
2 ea Mark 1 mr2's
376 Posts
A breather hole is ok in your overflow since the vacuum from the radiator sucks fluid from the bottom, ditto with the wind screen fluid.
Don't sell that 8track remote unit that plays CD's is a real gem bro. Big demand $ for this, casettes are so so.

Sorry Steve.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts