Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
A few months ago, we traded in out 07 FJ Cruiser for a 08 Highlander. We bought it as a demo. Its a Sandy Beach V6 4WD Base with alot of added factory options.
The radio that come on it was just the base single disc, so a few days ago I bought a 6 disc (non-JBL) factory radio on ebay for it. This way, my wife can have her xm back (Im also going to buy the xm stuff from the dealer).

Does the Highlander radios come in different colors? If so, Im worried about what coler the guy sent me. he didnt specify in his listing. I have the dark brown dash.

Also, our Highlander did not come with steering wheel controls. Are those easy to add? Will they work with the stero Im putting in? I just have the clock above the radio, so Im sure the display button wont do anything.

I look forward to hearing from you guys! Im excited to be part of this forum!

Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
:welcome: to Toyota Nation, Jon! Glad to have you with us on the forums.

BTW, while on the subject of OEM stereo/disc players in the Highlander, does anyone know how to pause a CD while it's playing? As usual, the owner's manual is no help...:headbang:...and I've pushed every freakin' button and can't figure it out. If you know......help..........

TrailDust

·
Toyota Traitor
15 RDX, 09 TACOMA
966 Posts
I do believe the they come in 2 or more colors. I'm looking on eBay and I see a single disc and the buttons appear to be a brown-metallic color? I have a 6-disc non-JBL in my 08' Sport and has gray metallic buttons.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...=72:1205|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ebayphotohosting
brown buttons?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1205|65:12|39:1|240:1318
gray buttons

:welcome: to Toyota Nation, Jon! Glad to have you with us on the forums.

BTW, while on the subject of OEM stereo/disc players in the Highlander, does anyone know how to pause a CD while it's playing? As usual, the owner's manual is no help...:headbang:...and I've pushed every freakin' button and can't figure it out. If you know......help..........

TrailDust
I don't think you can pause a CD? I couldn't do it in my old Highlander, press the AUX/CD button or turn the stereo off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found out from the guy I bought the radio from (Toyota dealer on ebay) that there is only one color of radio and all the knobs are a silver color.
I still have that question about the steering wheel buttons though. Anyone with info on that?

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
I don't think you can pause a CD? I couldn't do it in my old Highlander, press the AUX/CD button or turn the stereo off?
I was able to do it with a Pioneer CD player I had with another car, and I can do it with my portable Sony too. Assumed they all could do it and that I was just missing something. If the OEM can't be paused, then that's stupid since other players can do it, IMO.

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
I found out from the guy I bought the radio from (Toyota dealer on ebay) that there is only one color of radio and all the knobs are a silver color.
I still have that question about the steering wheel buttons though. Anyone with info on that?
You would have to talk with your dealer parts department to get list of parts you would need but I would assume it would be a major expense.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i was quoted at $160 plus shipping for the buttons on the steering wheel, you have to make sure your car is prewired for this if not you will end up like me with a mfd and no harness to plug it to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts