Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there - did a search and didn't see this ? addressed but will apologize in advance if i missed it ;)

i have a delightful 2003 corolla le and last week blew a fuse (1st time ever in my car lifetime of nearly 20 years!) with my cell phone charger in the lighter...and yes i have the not-so-handy-located actual power outlet but was in a hurry so used the lighter. lesson learned :)

so i just got a delightful present of the monster charger/transmitter/thingy for my mini-ipod and i'm worried the adapter part won't fit since the power outlet is in an odd location (you all know the odd location i speak of).

now of course i'm gonna try it tomorrow to see if it fits (but the game is on in a bit so don't have time for it now) - cuz it might - but has anyone had success using the car lighter for such application? and is there a general issue with using the cigarette lighter as an adaptor or was my blown fuse a 1 in a million thing?

any and all help is greatly appreciated :)

~~Lisa

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Lisa, if you're speaking of the outlet in the center console, then you should be fine. I have a Monster transmitter for my iPod in the 05 Corolla, and put it in that location.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response Mike - that's the console in ? so very glad to know it will work out :)

~~Lisa

·
Not so noob anymore
130 Posts
I had the 2005 Corolla for a weekend. Found the power outlet in the centre console. Stupidest place ever to put it. They could have at least run the wiring back another 6 inches and put the outlet facing the back seat for more convenience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Katsimbris said:
Hey Lisa, if you're speaking of the outlet in the center console, then you should be fine. I have a Monster transmitter for my iPod in the 05 Corolla, and put it in that location.
Link to this transmitter? How does it sound when you put it all in the center console? I have been wanting to get something for my iPod but the transmitters I have tried are junk.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not going to lie to you, the transmission reception wasn't fantastic. I definately just thanked my lucky stars I had a 6 disc in dash changer and a lot of extra blank CDs that I could burn stuff to.

·
Registered
2005 Corolla LE
26 Posts
ipod

I am driving an '05 Corolla with a 6 dics changer stereo system. I have an ipod nano, and love listening to podcasts on my commute. It is an hour each way. I have the 'Monster' transmitter, and the reception ranges between mediocre and awful.

What I would like to do is plug my ipod idirectly into the sound system. Is there anything in the back of that stereo unit that will allow this? What are my options? If I decided to go buy a neew stereo that will do all of that, what is best for this model car? I also do like the 6 disc changer in the dash...

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I believe there is an adaptor that will plug into the back, not sure of the name but I remember seing a thread on this before, do a search and see what comes up.

·
:D
1992 Corolla DX
55 Posts
I'm fairly certain I have the exact same device you're talking about, and I use it daily in my '92 Corolla with no problems.

@Pitboss1: Find a better station, there's tons out there! From experience I don't suggest plugging it directly into the system, at least with a unit with a USB port because it randomly shuffles the songs, and depending on how many GB you have, it won't play them all. You can't choose what song you want to hear on the iPod because it comes up with the screen with the big red circle with a line through it, as if it was plugged into your computer. I like using the FM transmitter because I can choose which song I'd like directly on the iPod, and it lists all of them. As for devices that plug into your aux port, I can't help you there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts