Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks--My g/f recently purchased a '93 Paseo w/105k miles from original owner. The car is in great shape, but needs some TLC. I'm busy going through the engine right now. I purchased oil (Castrol "High Mileage"), an oil filter (Mobil 1), plugs (NGK iridium), a Bosch O2 sensor (expensive!), a Purolator PCV valve, and I'm ready to get a K&N air filter. I like the car except for the slushbox.
I have the following questions:
-What is the crankcase capacity? (I'm assuming 4 qts)
-Any suggestions for tires/wheels? (nothing "showy")
-Any good bolt-on power mods I should look into?
-I'm running 10W-40 through it (ambient temperatures around here this time of year are between 35-75 degrees Farenheit).

Thanks in advance for your help...

·
Not Crazy
54 Posts
oil capacity is 2.7 litres, that I remember. So 3-ish quarts will do. I use 5w40 because it gets down to -40 here, but it would still benefit you on startup. I'd stick with synthetic if I were you.

The wheels interchange with lots of cars, so you might have luck at the j/y. civics, jettas, ford stuff, you'd need centering rings. (remove emblems!)

wash and vacuum provides the same hp increase as cold air intake.

Change trans fluid--makes noticable difference.

If you don't know the history of the timing belt-you're due for a change there too.

-Chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Paseorod, do you have an automatic transmission? And if so,, does the transmission fluid change really make that much of a difference?

·
Not Crazy
54 Posts
My Volvo (740 turbo) does and I change transmission fluid and diff fluid frequently, well, regularly, well, --Anyways the first change on that car was after 275000 kilometres. It was like a whole new car.

I also change the trans fluid on the toyota. It's an amazing feeling; all the notchiness goes and so on.

If I had car that I didn't know the history, I would for sure change all the fluids, including brakes, steering, you get the picture. And spring for the good stuff!!!1

-Chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the input bro, maybe ill get my transmission fluid change done afterall, even though i only have 105000KM. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback. However, I drained the tranny fluid, now I need to know the capacity of the transaxle so I can refill it!! (Yeah, I know--I need to buy a repair manual!!):rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts