Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 SE and I have the gray back lit radio. If I buy the black lit newer radio from Toyota will it work with my car. I like the look a lot better and it would be much nicer for the sat radio feature. This is the non JBL versions. I know the Blue tooth would not work cause I don't have the controls on the steering wheel but that is no biggie. Thanks

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
I have a 2011 SE and I have the gray back lit radio. If I buy the black lit newer radio from Toyota will it work with my car. I like the look a lot better and it would be much nicer for the sat radio feature. This is the non JBL versions. I know the Blue tooth would not work cause I don't have the controls on the steering wheel but that is no biggie. Thanks
Newer radio?? You mean the optional radio you didn't buy?

I don't have a schematic for the optional Panasonic VFD radio so can't tell what connectors are different.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
8,838 Posts
so you only want to add the SAT feature?

When people replace their radio, they usually go for upgrade to Navigation and stuff. With all features.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok

Seems to be a lot of smart people around here. I didnt custom order my car, it was on the lot I work at and the price was right. Why would I skimp on a 400 dollar option on a 27k car? Just a simple question so I will ask a tech tommorrow. The nav response was informative and reasonable so thank you. I will probably just get the tuner for the radio I have if its that much of a pain.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
If you work at a dealership, it should be no chore to sit the two radios in question next to each other and compare the wiring.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts