Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
TRD Guy
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally took some pics of my new custom CAI and i added new tweeters(Sona 250 watt tweeters) so here are all the pics
here are the Custom CAI















and here are the tweeters, very good ones



 

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
Joined
·
674 Posts
no offense but i thought you were supposed to put the tweeters in the front of a car, preferably in the door panels since they deliver the high notes whereas the subs go in the back to boom boom the bass.

your CAI setup is interesting looks good :thumbup:

Keri
 

·
Dthepit
Joined
·
91 Posts
Nice tweeter setup man, must sounds real nice. :thumbup:

hey ripley, tweeters can go pretty much anywhere you want, they will sound good for whoever is in the back cuz they won't get drowned out by the bass.
 

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
Joined
·
674 Posts
^^ ahh ok i didn't know...i had only seen tweeters up front before, i don't know too much about sound systems i am more into the engine myself :)

i'm sure its a nice setup then paradize :)

Keri
 

·
TRD Guy
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea u can put tweeters anywhere, i already have tweeters in my front so i dont need it there so the back didnt have any so added some to spice up the sound, now it sounds sweet :D
 

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
Joined
·
3,269 Posts
You can't just put tweeters 'anywhere', they need to be imaged properly to get the correct sound outta them. Looking at your setup, they're just pointing straight ahead...they both need to be directed to an imaginary point (usually the center) to produce the correct sound stage. If I were you, I'd move the tweeters to each side of the car and then point it to the center passenger seat. As well, try to keep them no more than 1 foot away from the rear speakers.

Subwoofers are non-directional; they can go wherever you want. Tweeters produce directional sounds, they have to be placed carefully.
 

·
TRD Guy
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Silver Streak said:
You can't just put tweeters 'anywhere', they need to be imaged properly to get the correct sound outta them. Looking at your setup, they're just pointing straight ahead...they both need to be directed to an imaginary point (usually the center) to produce the correct sound stage. If I were you, I'd move the tweeters to each side of the car and then point it to the center passenger seat. As well, try to keep them no more than 1 foot away from the rear speakers.

Subwoofers are non-directional; they can go wherever you want. Tweeters produce directional sounds, they have to be placed carefully.
k i didnt say it right, i meant like almost anywhere or in a lot of places ;), but my tweeters arent really pointin straight ahead, i have them angled pointin to the center so thats how i am gettin the sweet sound right now :D
 

·
Zzzz
Camry
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
dthepit said:
Nice tweeter setup man, must sounds real nice. :thumbup:

hey ripley, tweeters can go pretty much anywhere you want, they will sound good for whoever is in the back cuz they won't get drowned out by the bass.
Actually, studies have shown that the higher pitched the frequency (smaller the wave), the more directional it is.

Bass is by far more undirectional than treble.
 

·
Audiophile on a budget
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
I don't mean to flame you, but there's no such thing as "250 watt" tweeters. Period.

Sona aye? I've never heard of it. CarAudio.com hasn't either. Apparently, even Google doesn't acknowledge the existence of Sona tweeters. You got a link? I sure hope they're not those cheap addon tweeters you find at Best Buy/Fry's... :confused:

As for the placement, I'm not a firm believer in rearfill. All it does it cause noise cancellation. But hey, if you're happy with what it sounds like, I'm not going to argue otherwise.
 

·
TRD Guy
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TakeABao said:
I don't mean to flame you, but there's no such thing as "250 watt" tweeters. Period.

Sona aye? I've never heard of it. CarAudio.com hasn't either. Apparently, even Google doesn't acknowledge the existence of Sona tweeters. You got a link? I sure hope they're not those cheap addon tweeters you find at Best Buy/Fry's... :confused:

As for the placement, I'm not a firm believer in rearfill. All it does it cause noise cancellation. But hey, if you're happy with what it sounds like, I'm not going to argue otherwise.
its 250 watt max tweeters, but i kno sona is not a brand name, there is a street in my city that sells brand name audio and off name, sona is off brand but is as good as a brand name, like there is the brand name audiobahn but here there a sub called autobahn, its same sub but just an offname autobahn, same quality and everything, but believe me, i wouldnt buy the tweeters if it wasnt a good product, and yes when i added, it did help the audio sound in the rear so yes i am happy :D
 

·
TRD Guy
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Silver Streak said:
^ well what sounds good is subjective, so if you're happy with the sound then :thumbup: :)

yes very true, and also all my friends that sat in my car also really like the sound so yes i am happy and my friends are happy hehe lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I like the placement of the tweeters. They add to the car in my opinion. Some tweeters may not sound the best in that place but with 250 watts they have gotta sound great through out the entire car. I like the creativity. :thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
paradizecityz said:
yes very true, and also all my friends that sat in my car also really like the sound so yes i am happy and my friends are happy hehe lol
I am not trying to be an ass, but just because all your friends sat in it and thought it sounded good doesnt mean they know what a good stereo sounds like.

And as silver streak said, you cant just put tweeters anywhere. And not only do you have to have good imaging, if they are 6 inches from your head all your going to hear is highs.

And what is Sona a knock off of? Sonance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
with the position of your tweeters they really just firing at the back of your passengers heads. You would have been better off buying a better set of 6x9's like some triaxials or 4 ways. not to be a killjoy but you should have put them somewhere on the top half of your rear doors so they fire right at the back seat. Trust me i deal with systems almost on a daily basis.
 

·
Audiophile on a budget
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
yota said:
but with 250 watts they have gotta sound great through out the entire car.
Okay, first of all, it's not 250 watts RMS, it's 250 watts max. I imagine that since it's one of those cheap knockoff tweeter packages, the manufacturer just decided to label 'em as "250 watts" to attract the attention of unbeknownst buyers who don't know a great deal about car audio. No coaxial/component set is rated at 250 watts RMS. Period. The actual power rating on those pair of tweeters is actually only about 2-3 watts RMS as I imagine.
 

·
TRD Guy
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AMScamrySE said:
I am not trying to be an ass, but just because all your friends sat in it and thought it sounded good doesnt mean they know what a good stereo sounds like.

And as silver streak said, you cant just put tweeters anywhere. And not only do you have to have good imaging, if they are 6 inches from your head all your going to hear is highs.

And what is Sona a knock off of? Sonance?
yes my friends do kno wat a good stereo sounds becuz they have their own audio store and they host sound competition here in my city



TakeABao said:
Okay, first of all, it's not 250 watts RMS, it's 250 watts max. I imagine that since it's one of those cheap knockoff tweeter packages, the manufacturer just decided to label 'em as "250 watts" to attract the attention of unbeknownst buyers who don't know a great deal about car audio. No coaxial/component set is rated at 250 watts RMS. Period. The actual power rating on those pair of tweeters is actually only about 2-3 watts RMS as I imagine.
rms is 125
 

·
Audiophile on a budget
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
paradizecityz said:
rms is 125

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH


:lol:

Before I absolutely tear you to shreds about your tweeters having a whopping ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE WATT RMS RATING, do us a favor.

Post some pics of the packaging your tweets came with. Hell, post a website where they have this ridiculous RMS rating.

Then...

http://www.caraudio.com

Go ahead if you're zealous and ask some folks what they think about your magical tweeters.

[EDIT]

Btw, did you just divide the MAX rating by 2 to get your RMS rating??!? :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top