Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest pics of my Custom CAI and some new Tweeters!!! lots of big pics so 56k=no no

4K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  Nick 
I don't mean to flame you, but there's no such thing as "250 watt" tweeters. Period.

Sona aye? I've never heard of it. CarAudio.com hasn't either. Apparently, even Google doesn't acknowledge the existence of Sona tweeters. You got a link? I sure hope they're not those cheap addon tweeters you find at Best Buy/Fry's... :confused:

As for the placement, I'm not a firm believer in rearfill. All it does it cause noise cancellation. But hey, if you're happy with what it sounds like, I'm not going to argue otherwise.

yota said:
but with 250 watts they have gotta sound great through out the entire car.
Okay, first of all, it's not 250 watts RMS, it's 250 watts max. I imagine that since it's one of those cheap knockoff tweeter packages, the manufacturer just decided to label 'em as "250 watts" to attract the attention of unbeknownst buyers who don't know a great deal about car audio. No coaxial/component set is rated at 250 watts RMS. Period. The actual power rating on those pair of tweeters is actually only about 2-3 watts RMS as I imagine.

paradizecityz said:
rms is 125

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

:lol:

Before I absolutely tear you to shreds about your tweeters having a whopping ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE WATT RMS RATING, do us a favor.

Post some pics of the packaging your tweets came with. Hell, post a website where they have this ridiculous RMS rating.

Then...

http://www.caraudio.com

Go ahead if you're zealous and ask some folks what they think about your magical tweeters.

[EDIT]

Btw, did you just divide the MAX rating by 2 to get your RMS rating??!? :lol:

2wickedtoyz said:
:eek:h and as for the tweeters i've seen tweeters with max 300 but with an rms at 175.

and you proved there are tweeters out there with 200watts max and 100watts rms. so quit bashing on the guy
1) Show me.

2) No, I didn't. Show me.

[EDIT]

Just some food for thought, if you had tweeters rated at 125 watts RMS, I'd like to see the AMPLIFIER that drives 'em. I mean, c'mon. Who needs a crossover? Just...y'know...get a separate 2-channel amp to run a pair of tweeters.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.