Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest pics of my Custom CAI and some new Tweeters!!! lots of big pics so 56k=no no

4K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
well i finally took some pics of my new custom CAI and i added new tweeters(Sona 250 watt tweeters) so here are all the pics
here are the Custom CAI

and here are the tweeters, very good ones

See less See more
#3 ·
no offense but i thought you were supposed to put the tweeters in the front of a car, preferably in the door panels since they deliver the high notes whereas the subs go in the back to boom boom the bass.

your CAI setup is interesting looks good :thumbup:

Keri

#4 ·
Nice tweeter setup man, must sounds real nice. :thumbup:

hey ripley, tweeters can go pretty much anywhere you want, they will sound good for whoever is in the back cuz they won't get drowned out by the bass.

#5 ·
^^ ahh ok i didn't know...i had only seen tweeters up front before, i don't know too much about sound systems i am more into the engine myself :)

i'm sure its a nice setup then paradize :)

Keri

#6 ·
yea u can put tweeters anywhere, i already have tweeters in my front so i dont need it there so the back didnt have any so added some to spice up the sound, now it sounds sweet :D

#7 ·
You can't just put tweeters 'anywhere', they need to be imaged properly to get the correct sound outta them. Looking at your setup, they're just pointing straight ahead...they both need to be directed to an imaginary point (usually the center) to produce the correct sound stage. If I were you, I'd move the tweeters to each side of the car and then point it to the center passenger seat. As well, try to keep them no more than 1 foot away from the rear speakers.

Subwoofers are non-directional; they can go wherever you want. Tweeters produce directional sounds, they have to be placed carefully.

#8 · (Edited)
Silver Streak said:
You can't just put tweeters 'anywhere', they need to be imaged properly to get the correct sound outta them. Looking at your setup, they're just pointing straight ahead...they both need to be directed to an imaginary point (usually the center) to produce the correct sound stage. If I were you, I'd move the tweeters to each side of the car and then point it to the center passenger seat. As well, try to keep them no more than 1 foot away from the rear speakers.

Subwoofers are non-directional; they can go wherever you want. Tweeters produce directional sounds, they have to be placed carefully.
k i didnt say it right, i meant like almost anywhere or in a lot of places ;), but my tweeters arent really pointin straight ahead, i have them angled pointin to the center so thats how i am gettin the sweet sound right now :D

#9 ·
dthepit said:
Nice tweeter setup man, must sounds real nice. :thumbup:

hey ripley, tweeters can go pretty much anywhere you want, they will sound good for whoever is in the back cuz they won't get drowned out by the bass.
Actually, studies have shown that the higher pitched the frequency (smaller the wave), the more directional it is.

Bass is by far more undirectional than treble.

#10 ·
I don't mean to flame you, but there's no such thing as "250 watt" tweeters. Period.

Sona aye? I've never heard of it. CarAudio.com hasn't either. Apparently, even Google doesn't acknowledge the existence of Sona tweeters. You got a link? I sure hope they're not those cheap addon tweeters you find at Best Buy/Fry's... :confused:

As for the placement, I'm not a firm believer in rearfill. All it does it cause noise cancellation. But hey, if you're happy with what it sounds like, I'm not going to argue otherwise.

#12 ·
TakeABao said:
I don't mean to flame you, but there's no such thing as "250 watt" tweeters. Period.

Sona aye? I've never heard of it. CarAudio.com hasn't either. Apparently, even Google doesn't acknowledge the existence of Sona tweeters. You got a link? I sure hope they're not those cheap addon tweeters you find at Best Buy/Fry's... :confused:

As for the placement, I'm not a firm believer in rearfill. All it does it cause noise cancellation. But hey, if you're happy with what it sounds like, I'm not going to argue otherwise.
its 250 watt max tweeters, but i kno sona is not a brand name, there is a street in my city that sells brand name audio and off name, sona is off brand but is as good as a brand name, like there is the brand name audiobahn but here there a sub called autobahn, its same sub but just an offname autobahn, same quality and everything, but believe me, i wouldnt buy the tweeters if it wasnt a good product, and yes when i added, it did help the audio sound in the rear so yes i am happy :D

#14 ·
Silver Streak said:
^ well what sounds good is subjective, so if you're happy with the sound then :thumbup: :)

yes very true, and also all my friends that sat in my car also really like the sound so yes i am happy and my friends are happy hehe lol

#15 ·
I like the placement of the tweeters. They add to the car in my opinion. Some tweeters may not sound the best in that place but with 250 watts they have gotta sound great through out the entire car. I like the creativity. :thumbup: :thumbup:

#16 ·
paradizecityz said:
yes very true, and also all my friends that sat in my car also really like the sound so yes i am happy and my friends are happy hehe lol
I am not trying to be an ass, but just because all your friends sat in it and thought it sounded good doesnt mean they know what a good stereo sounds like.

And as silver streak said, you cant just put tweeters anywhere. And not only do you have to have good imaging, if they are 6 inches from your head all your going to hear is highs.

And what is Sona a knock off of? Sonance?

#17 ·
with the position of your tweeters they really just firing at the back of your passengers heads. You would have been better off buying a better set of 6x9's like some triaxials or 4 ways. not to be a killjoy but you should have put them somewhere on the top half of your rear doors so they fire right at the back seat. Trust me i deal with systems almost on a daily basis.

#18 ·
yota said:
but with 250 watts they have gotta sound great through out the entire car.
Okay, first of all, it's not 250 watts RMS, it's 250 watts max. I imagine that since it's one of those cheap knockoff tweeter packages, the manufacturer just decided to label 'em as "250 watts" to attract the attention of unbeknownst buyers who don't know a great deal about car audio. No coaxial/component set is rated at 250 watts RMS. Period. The actual power rating on those pair of tweeters is actually only about 2-3 watts RMS as I imagine.

#19 ·
AMScamrySE said:
I am not trying to be an ass, but just because all your friends sat in it and thought it sounded good doesnt mean they know what a good stereo sounds like.

And as silver streak said, you cant just put tweeters anywhere. And not only do you have to have good imaging, if they are 6 inches from your head all your going to hear is highs.

And what is Sona a knock off of? Sonance?
yes my friends do kno wat a good stereo sounds becuz they have their own audio store and they host sound competition here in my city

TakeABao said:
Okay, first of all, it's not 250 watts RMS, it's 250 watts max. I imagine that since it's one of those cheap knockoff tweeter packages, the manufacturer just decided to label 'em as "250 watts" to attract the attention of unbeknownst buyers who don't know a great deal about car audio. No coaxial/component set is rated at 250 watts RMS. Period. The actual power rating on those pair of tweeters is actually only about 2-3 watts RMS as I imagine.
rms is 125

#20 ·
paradizecityz said:
rms is 125

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

:lol:

Before I absolutely tear you to shreds about your tweeters having a whopping ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE WATT RMS RATING, do us a favor.

Post some pics of the packaging your tweets came with. Hell, post a website where they have this ridiculous RMS rating.

Then...

http://www.caraudio.com

Go ahead if you're zealous and ask some folks what they think about your magical tweeters.

[EDIT]

Btw, did you just divide the MAX rating by 2 to get your RMS rating??!? :lol:

#23 · (Edited)
:confused: i think thats his resonator

oh and as for the tweeters i've seen tweeters with max 300 but with an rms at 175.

and you proved there are tweeters out there with 200watts max and 100watts rms. so quit bashing on the guy:slap:

any way i agree it would be safe to move those some where that there is less off a chance of them getting hit

#24 · (Edited)
2wickedtoyz said:
:eek:h and as for the tweeters i've seen tweeters with max 300 but with an rms at 175.

and you proved there are tweeters out there with 200watts max and 100watts rms. so quit bashing on the guy
1) Show me.

2) No, I didn't. Show me.

[EDIT]

Just some food for thought, if you had tweeters rated at 125 watts RMS, I'd like to see the AMPLIFIER that drives 'em. I mean, c'mon. Who needs a crossover? Just...y'know...get a separate 2-channel amp to run a pair of tweeters.... :rolleyes:

#25 · (Edited)
i was thinking about doing the same thing to my car by flushing some tweeters in my rear deck

the more i thought about doing it, the more i realized it probably woudn't make a difference sitting on the rear deck, plus i didnt want to chance cutting my deck and risk mucking it all up

was thinking about putting em on the rear passenger doors or the front seat belt covers, but flushing em would be too hard and surface mounting them would look weird

edit: i have Earthquake tweeters in the front that are as clear as a bell :cool:

#26 · (Edited)
TakeABao said:

:lol:

Before I absolutely tear you to shreds about your tweeters having a whopping ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE WATT RMS RATING, do us a favor.

Post some pics of the packaging your tweets came with. Hell, post a website where they have this ridiculous RMS rating.

Then...

http://www.caraudio.com

Go ahead if you're zealous and ask some folks what they think about your magical tweeters.

[EDIT]

Btw, did you just divide the MAX rating by 2 to get your RMS rating??!? :lol:
TakeABao said:
1) Show me.

2) No, I didn't. Show me.

[EDIT]

Just some food for thought, if you had tweeters rated at 125 watts RMS, I'd like to see the AMPLIFIER that drives 'em. I mean, c'mon. Who needs a crossover? Just...y'know...get a separate 2-channel amp to run a pair of tweeters.... :rolleyes:
1) its offbrand so it dont have a site to show u and
2) so i looked on the site http://caraudio.com and i already found some kicker and rockford fosgate tweeters wit 200 watt max and 100 watt rms so like u said, u wanted me to show u and there u go :)

o yea just found another one, one by earthquake and its rms power range is 200 watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.