Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 1985 Supra, black with a black/gray leather interior. The car is in beautiful condition, inside and out. I just took some pics today and will post them as soon as I load them in my computer on tuesday. The car came with 2 engines. They're both 1G-GTE motors, 2.0 inline six twin turbos. I can't wait to get started with the car and make a drag racing monster out of it. I need to find out where I can get parts for it though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
cool. Those 1G engines aren't very common over this side of the pond. Not to burst your bubble but if you really want to make some good times with you car, look into a different engine. 7m or 1J. But all the more power too you if you can turn that 1G into a beast.

1985? mkii's came with 1G's?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tosh said:
cool. Those 1G engines aren't very common over this side of the pond. Not to burst your bubble but if you really want to make some good times with you car, look into a different engine. 7m or 1J. But all the more power too you if you can turn that 1G into a beast.

1985? mkii's came with 1G's?
Someone on another forum said that some of them came with 1G-GE's, but not GTE's. Since I have 2 motors, I kinda have an unlimited time to build the second motor into a monster while I drive on the one in the car. I know parts will be hard to get, so I want to try and get a vendor that can send me a bunch of common parts like cap and rotors, and that type of thing, everything else I wanna go with performance parts. It has a 2.5" exhaust, but it has a cat, which is gonna have to go. It also has a Greddy boost contoller and an open element air filter. Not bad to start with.

On the highway this things really moves!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some pics that I took, sorry about the one that's out of focus...lol

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,127 Posts
holy crap, i didnt know 2nd gens were offered with turbos from the factory...

is it a JDM swap?

either way, :thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Razo-E said:
holy crap, i didnt know 2nd gens were offered with turbos from the factory...

is it a JDM swap?

either way, :thumbup:
Yeah, this was a JDM swap. The guy I bought it from got it with a 1G-GTE in it, then he turned to boost up too much or something and now that motor has a tick. So he had swapped it with another 1G-GTE, so I have 2 of these motors. I'm gonna give the car a lot of TLC and make it as fast as I can :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts