Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all. I'm wondering when the next Aussie Avalon is coming & what it'll be like. I've heard it'll be bigger than mine (2003-04 Australian model is a mix of state of the Avalon art combined with the previous US Avalon body slightly updated, & with 'sharper' handling as we have more lousy roads, but plenty of great freeways too. I'd appreciate anything on the new model from our North American cousins or from others living in Austalian states &/or territories.
thanks,
reg

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
go to the Toyota news section on this forum to see "our Avalon"...

no offense, but the only thing i know about the Avalon in Australia is that it's uglier than a bum's nut sack...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Razo-E,
Too true mate!

The Avalon is anonymous & unlikely to attract unwanted attention. But then again I'm an oldish bloke & so I like old 'soap-bar' style family boulevard cruisers which is how some might describe them. On the upside, it was really easy to get the dealer to sell me a new-one cheaply. Okay I know depreciation will be v high, but I then figure it'll plateau when people see a "mid 90's style" car with such a low mileage.
As for looks, I once (in my youth) owned an E-type Jaguar which was (in its day) sharp on looks (& got 1/4 mile in 5.6 sec & topped 160mph as a bonus). It was a 'chick magnet' but it was also a magnet to both idiots & the police.
When u get to my age, there's something to be said for the quiet life(& the Av IS quiet).
Oh, & I note u quote Rodney D. I really liked Rodney, so 'vale' Rodney D. He was hilarious! I'm sorry to see him go.

reg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts