Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok it's come to my attention that my wagon doesn't have too long left in its life. i mean ya it could run forever but my dad says it's gone once a required repair comes up that costs more than the car's value. i.e. $1000

so i was wondering what i should do next. i was thinkin about getting a gen3.5...but wondered if i should go i4 or v6? i'm aimin to get a 5spd otherwise i'll just swap.

im running a small budget too so a tC is out..

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,967 Posts
dude the retail value of your camry is about 4850usd and that's without rims. with rims it's 4985usd so i don't know why you even think it's not worth keeping. mine has the 3rd row seat and a roof roack and it's worth 6340 and i don't plan on selling it to buy another car that might have problems that i don't know about. and if the motor goes do a swap and put in a 3sgte or another 5sfe and turbo it then attach it to a 5 spd:thumbup:

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,967 Posts
was your a wagon? or a 4dr? the 3rd gen wagon are worth more than the others. i got my info from www.kbb.com and went under used cars retail value. and i put in all my option for my car and put them on the 4dr 2dr and wagon and these are the prices:
4dr: 5715
2dr: 5265
wagon: 6340
these are all le models with the v6 motor premium sound premium wheels a spoiler and a cdplayer.
also all have 130000miles go look for your self.

:eek:wnedsmas

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya but without a/c no one wants it and it has some bad body damage on the back right between the trunk and the last window. and no one likes high mileage cars for some reason.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
good point.. i wanted to find a car with less then 100k cause most likely the cars that you find out in the market with 100k+ your tranny and sometimes your engine will give out. given the fact that its a camry i would say more likely the tranny.

2wickedtoyz you got a point about the wagons but like those retail prices that kbb gives you is what you might be able to get for it but if your looking for a quick sale you would have to drop the price like 10-25% to get a sale.

my car's suggested retail price is $7,625 and i got it for 5000$ at a used car lot. the dude droped 500$ w/o me even asking anything.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm i wont sell my baby for less than $4000 if i ever do and everything works in it. but i wouldn't sell it unless something died that was $1000+ repair anyway.

thats up to my dad after $1k.

·
Killa Clean Gen 3
Camry
717 Posts
i've noticed that wagon are rare and so are 2drs. and if there is less of something then the price goes up.
It's not an exotic car it's a friggin camry wagon! Yeah, those rare camry wagons are gonna bring in the big bucks when the car collectors find out you have one.:lol:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
if you like the cam. take the money you have and buy it from your dad,or if you find a new car take it dont realy ask us we will tell from are cars, only you know if it is worth keeping,if you sell it i say ask on less then 3000 for a gen 3 wagen

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,195 Posts
Get the V6. DONT LISTEN TO LUIS! I know hes gonna chime in soon telling you how great the I4 is.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,967 Posts
Gen3cruiser said:
It's not an exotic car it's a friggin camry wagon! Yeah, those rare camry wagons are gonna bring in the big bucks when the car collectors find out you have one.:lol:
thanks to people like you cars that people think less about are dicarded and the ones left go up in price.my car is already 14yrs old i got 10 more yearsthen it's considered a classic and all the other people who own one will have already tossed them how do you think collector car are made? toke the honda 600 for instance people who bought them ended up junking them but now how many do you see. or how about an old chevy wagon ...it was just a wagon but now there aren't that many around. even pick ups i saw a chevy apache for sale 3000 and it was bone stock and it was the base model. explain that to me.

·
Killa Clean Gen 3
Camry
717 Posts
thanks to people like you cars that people think less about are dicarded and the ones left go up in price.my car is already 14yrs old i got 10 more yearsthen it's considered a classic and all the other people who own one will have already tossed them how do you think collector car are made? toke the honda 600 for instance people who bought them ended up junking them but now how many do you see. or how about an old chevy wagon ...it was just a wagon but now there aren't that many around. even pick ups i saw a chevy apache for sale 3000 and it was bone stock and it was the base model. explain that to me.
Seems we have different ideals for what a classic or rare car is.:p:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.