Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Toy Nut
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been any info or leaks about the next generation Tacoma?
If so, can you fill me in?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
There are a few threads around here with speculation as to when (maybe model year 2012, more likely 2013), but nothing more substantial than that.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
some of the speculation I have read leans toward the new generation looking similar to the new generation 4 runner.

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
We're probably all assuming that since it has been true historically - the Tacoma and the 4Runner seem to share a lot of styling cues both inside and out. While I'd be inclined to believe that the trend will continue, I'm also wondering if the 3rd gen Tacoma will break this tradition. The reason I say that is because all of Toyota's SUV's now look a lot alike. The new 4Runner looks like a big RAV4 or a smaller Sequoia. There was a time when 4Runner had a style that was similar to Tacoma but different from the other SUV's (if there were other SUV's). Because the SUV's all look alike now, I'm thinking that the next Tacoma might look more like a little Tundra than a 4Runner with an open back end.

Toyota excels at keeping details of new vehicles under wraps, so we probably won't know anything for sure until the 3rd gen hits the street.

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
There was a thread here not too long ago about a guy riding his bike through the Colorado mountains. He thought he saw a test vehicle (Funky patterned vinyl all over the vehicle) that looked like a hilux with a convoy of two others like it.

Not that it matters to me what the new ones look like since I have no intent to sell mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts