Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Did you get the paint to match option? It looks good, better than the Randy Ellis style bar IMO.

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Wow. That's almost a perfect match. I thought the bonded chrome looked a little glossier on the site, but it could just be the lighting. I think I want one too. Could you post a side view? I want to see how far it sticks out from the front of the truck.

·
Hey There...
05' Prerunner Taco
920 Posts
Not saying you would, but can you put a significant amount of wieght/pressure on the bar and it wont budge? Im looking into a prerunner bar and want one that is solid but simple and the Nfab is really nice. What was total cost?

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
OneMnk said:
Not saying you would, but can you put a significant amount of wieght/pressure on the bar and it wont budge? Im looking into a prerunner bar and want one that is solid but simple and the Nfab is really nice. What was total cost?
OneMnk, Four Real steel makes a prerunner for the new gen tacos as well. Theirs hangs down below the front bumper.

link

Badcop, your truck looks nice.

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
:thumbup:

A bit "busy" for me, but I like it. The lower grill access for the mount gives you some extra clearance for the front end. Looks like you'd have to cut the lower grill plastic to pass it thru?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Installation was a breeze. It bolts up using brackets that bolt to the factory bumper mounts. It took about 5 minutes to install. there is no cutting of the front bumper at all. It is pretty stout. It offers some nice protection but i wouldnt hook a strap to it or anything. I`ll try to get some pics.I got from performance products for around $430 shipped. You could get the black one for about $100 cheaper.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
If you could post pics of the mounting hardware and bracket I would really appreciate it!! I want to Fab my own set of this light bar. But I need to see How the brackets are designed? Thanks!!

·
Hey There...
05' Prerunner Taco
920 Posts
Wow bill those are really nice. I have one question though. When mounting a bar, how hard is it to wire up the lights?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts