Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's simple... Just right click your picture and select 'save picture as.'

FWIW - you can watermark and copyright your photos and even track them... I do from time to time. Interesting when you pop in and say WTF you doing with my pic, most of the time I just don't care.

here's free watermark shareware.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Misc__Graphics_Tools/Visual_Watermark.html

Here's something to get you thinking about how to protect pics... Some are simple fixes, they all have advantages and disadvantages.

http://www.watermarker.com/how-to-ptotect-digital-images.aspx

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Just send him a message saying that you never gave him permission to use your picture. They stop using them. Same thing happened to Miltdoggie and his Gen 3. His pic was all over ebay auctions. He cussed the shit out of all of the sellers, and now his pic is no longer there.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Epsilon said:
You should demand a percentage from his sales. :lol:
Though Epsilon was only kidding, he IS correct. Legally, they had no right to use your pic without consent, if you can prove it was yours (obvioulsy you can), you are entitled to a payment... That's why all those sites stopped using Miltdoggie's pic immediately.

·
07 Camry TSB Nut
Camry LE 2007
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so this is what the guy said.

What car are you referring to? These are images of cars thave have had the trim installed.

Nice eh.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
djmase said:

What car are you referring to? These are images of cars thave have had the trim installed.

Nice eh.
Tell him the authorities will make that decision.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Yeah, just tell him that you have proof that its your picture (via hidden watermark, or something) and the picture was edited in Photoshop.

Shit, I'd be absolutely livid if say those cheap ass ebay projectors were being sold with images of my car.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
djmase said:

Nice eh.
Guarantee he is jsut covering his sorry ass, and will change the pic soon. Screen capture the auction and report it to ebay.

·
Registered
508 Posts
wireless said:
Guarantee he is jsut covering his sorry ass, and will change the pic soon. Screen capture the auction and report it to ebay.
Forget about reporting it to Ebay, do what wireless says and contact a lawyer. He'll tell you flat out whether the money you WILL get would be worth it.

·
07 Camry TSB Nut
Camry LE 2007
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Epsilon That is what I am trying to do. Going about asking royalties might be hard for me. The ebay reporting might come in handy.

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
djmase said:
Epsilon That is what I am trying to do. Going about asking royalties might be hard for me. The ebay reporting might come in handy.
That's good to hear. Only take legal actions if all else fails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts