Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! Having an issue where when I'm using a navigation app on Carplay (usually Waze) where the Highlander display screen keeps randomly switching into night mode. Happens during the day in bright light, so I can't see the screen. Was thinking it was only happening when I went under an overpass, but there doesn't seem to be any correlation. Has anyone had this happen or have any suggestions on how to fix? It's highly annoying. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum - Moon Dust
605 Posts
Good morning! Having an issue where when I'm using a navigation app on Carplay (usually Waze) where the Highlander display screen keeps randomly switching into night mode. Happens during the day in bright light, so I can't see the screen. Was thinking it was only happening when I went under an overpass, but there doesn't seem to be any correlation. Has anyone had this happen or have any suggestions on how to fix? It's highly annoying. Thanks!
Is your iPhone iOS up to date, and have you made sure your apps are also updated? Android phone's do this automatically where as Apple devices you have to it manually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your iPhone iOS up to date, and have you made sure your apps are also updated? Android phone's do this automatically where as Apple devices you have to it manually.
Thanks- yes, it's all up to date. I set the system to stay on Day mode which seems like a temporary fix, but not permanent.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
4,880 Posts
My Avalon was pretty touchy when the sun was to my back on the way to work in the morning.
I was able to use Carista to widen the hysteresis between switching to day/night and it's less frequent, but still happens when I hit a longer underpass.

The same setting was not available in Carista in my wife's new Venza, so I don't know if it would be available in the Hi or not.

·
Registered
2021 HIHY Plat, 2017 Accord Hybrid Touring, 2017 Kia Sportage SX-GTI
179 Posts
Rock solid using Waze sand Android Auto; try an Android to rule out Apple.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts