Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the part numbers and cost for those blacked out window trims on the night shade edition? Would like to swap the chrome trim for black on my 2018 SE.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed. I would love to black out the chrome on my black 18 SE. I've researched basic window tint or a wrap that goes around the window trim. But I'm afraid if I did it, then it wouldn't be 100% perfect (no bubbles, slightly uneven).

·
Limited
1,482 Posts
Good think with the wrap is that if you f it up, you can peel and try again. This is wear ordering extra to do the job is a wise decision. Oh yeah, don't plastijunk that trim. Plastijunk looks fugly, and no better than a vtec decal.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Good think with the wrap is that if you f it up, you can peel and try again. This is wear ordering extra to do the job is a wise decision. Oh yeah, don't plastijunk that trim. Plastijunk looks fugly, and no better than a vtec decal.
I've plasticdipped my chrome trim before, it works but it can be damaged. I guess some people just spray over it. My plasticdip was not pretty and had plenty of high spots, I eventually got all new lower trim and I vinyl wrapped over those before I installed them. Upper trim was surprisingly easy too. Ignoring the hidden areas of each end where I folded the vinyl, it looks near perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Vangm25
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing