Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont Know If Anyone Has Asked This,but Has Anyone Tried Useing The Titan Tie Down Cleats On The Tacoma Track System?they Seem Alot Stronger Then Are Plastic Ones,just Wondering If They Would Fit?

·
short beds are ghey
495 Posts
Their rail is considerably wider, and the little locking knub thing is round instead of rectangular, so I seriously doubt they'd fit. I have a buddy with a Frontier I'll probably see in the next day or two, so I can check for you, just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
what does that matter...the cleats are only gonna be as strong as the rail. I think the ones we have are more then enough. I think the rail would break before them

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
i don't think they'll work, but hey, try it if that's what floats your boat. our rail system works fine for me, and i've tied down fairly heavy stuff with it. no problems.

-Mike

EDIT: here's my idea of "fairly heavy stuff":

·
Registered
107 Posts
I moved a fridge, and felt like there was no way to go over the top of the fridge and tie it down as tight as i woul dlike without damaging somthing

Tighting the strap was acctually bending the rail. well i guess twisting it, so the clamp was not at 90degrees, more like 130.. and i mean you need it tight to be safe. I felt like if i made an erratic turn, they woudl snap. Which shouldnt be the case.

I did buy a second set of D clamps though, so i hope those work better, and just use teh rails for lighter things.

·
1st time Toyota Owner
141 Posts
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I'd preferred Toyota have sent the mini-tie downs w/ the truck as opposed to the cleats. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts