Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi I have a 1988 camry with the v4 and I got a nitrous system used off a mk III supra. The problem is the nitrous system has six nozzles so I have two cylinders with two jets and two cylinders with one nitrous jets.

To even it out I am putting the fuel in the other way so the cylinders make equal power, so on the two cylinders that only have one nitrous I am putting two fuel in and on the ones that have two I am putting one fuel in.

Has anybody tried it like this before on their ride or am i the first?

thanks

Camryfoo

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
i dont know but that sounds pretty f...ed up to me :confused:

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
:confused:...

I'm trying to view this from your perspective...
How exactly does
two cylinders with N2O+ 2xfuel = two cylinders with 2xN2O + fuel.

If you can't tell I'm really not confused, I'm just trying to find a sacastic way of telling you that this setup is going to have two cylinders way too rich, and two cylinders so lean that they'll melt and/or blow.

Basically... This is the stupidest thing I've read on this forum in a long, long time.

ebay the setup.:slap: :nutkick: :bash: :headbang: :eek:wnedsmas :deadhorse

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Plug the 2 extra solenoids. Also get 25 shot nozzles.

YOU WILL FRY THE 3SFE ENGINE IF YOU RUN >25 SHOT!!!

Nitrous is a really really bad idea in an old engine.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
yeah thats not gonna even out the power at all...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Ok first off, you're talking about a DIRECT PORT system. Do yourself a favor and get the APPROPREATE RAIL. You can use the rest of the system EXCEPT For the rail. Call up the manufacturer and get the part number that is right for your car. Otherwise you'll kill your car.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Dude stay the fuck away from your engine bay, you dont even know what kinda engine you have, a V4?... c'mon man:rolleyes:

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Toysrme said:
:confused:...

I'm trying to view this from your perspective...
How exactly does
two cylinders with N2O+ 2xfuel = two cylinders with 2xN2O + fuel.

If you can't tell I'm really not confused, I'm just trying to find a sacastic way of telling you that this setup is going to have two cylinders way too rich, and two cylinders so lean that they'll melt and/or blow.
Its not a stupid set-up, when you have aV4 you can do stuff like that, it really works it self out in the end:rolleyes:

·
Registered
785 Posts
V4? LOL!!! i think he means I4, i've never heard of an "automobile" with a V4. ive heard of motorcycles with something like a "V4"

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
You can find a diesel V4 in numerous CATS. They're power houses. It would be sick to have one in a car.

Dude, you gotta stop smoking crack. That is the worst idea every thought of for a car, or anything else ever related to an engine. Your going to blow yourself up. The system is made for a Supra, not a 4cyl Camry. And 2 nozzles on one cylinder? Obviously you don't know much about engines. Search around the site, you have a lot to learn.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
do a search for homemade nitrous system...itll prolly be safer:(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The reason I want to put the extra nitrous on the other cylinders than the extra fuel is to even it out. that way I have three connections to each cylinder.

If I put two four connections into two cylinders and two into the other two cylinders it'll be way uneven and it'll go fast/slow every other time. Duh :)

Are you guys new to NOS?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Uhhh, direct port an a 4cyl camry is just asking for trouble...
You'd be much better off spraying it into your intake piping (not the manifold). Do you have a picture of this? Have you switched to colder spark plugs? Have you retarded your timing? What size jets are in the nozzles?

AND IT'S NOT NOS IT'S NITROUS!!

NOS = A BRAND NAME!

But, if you're dead serious about doing this you can use 4 for the cylinders and put 2 in your intake manifold...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.