Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'd like to say howdy to everyone and hopefully I won't get flamed or anything here. In the process of getting a 94 Camry LE, dunno much about it, all I know is its white, auto, really good condition for looks, but there is "a computer problem." That's what my girlfriend's uncle told her about it. He took it to a shop and they told him its something to do with the number 1 cylinder, but that's all I know for now. I should be getting the car wednesday (its about 6 hours away) so I can do a little more investigation when it gets here, but does anyone know what this code means? I got it once in my civic when i had it but it went away.

By the way, I used to drive a 91 Civic but it died and I found it to be cheaper and easier to just get this car; can't beat a $400 Camry :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
How does it start up? Does it feel or sound funny to you?
Could be as simple as the spark plugs and spark plug wires.

Calvin

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yep we can't say much based on what you told us, we'd need more info. But you're right, it's still a good deal and still worth repairing !
Just try to give us more details and we'll be able to help...
Good luck and welcome to TN !!!

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Open the diagnostic port in the engine bay. Take a paper clip, or suitable small wire, and short TE1 and E1.

Turn the key to on without cranking the car. The Check Engine Light will flash in numerical sieres whatever fault codes the ECU has stored.
It'll flash a few times, pause, then flash a few more times.
Just count the flashesh.

Whatever codes come up let us know and we'll tell you what's wrong. I suggest not printing out what's wrong and taking it with you. Guy might want more than $400 if it's just some silly maintinance problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no worries on the price changing, my gf's uncle works at a towing company and they get titles signed over all the time. So he bought it for me through them for 400 bucks, as is. and i'm hoping its all good to go, i'll find out later today or tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts