Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a no drill front plate option? Wife wants one on her car because we got pulled over by a state trooper on the way to her hometown lol. Got off with a warning as usual, but wants one either way:(

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
796 Posts
Anyone know of a no drill front plate option? Wife wants one on her car because we got pulled over by a state trooper on the way to her hometown lol. Got off with a warning as usual, but wants one either way:(
So I don't get it why does it need to be no drill? Are you going to only put it on when you go to her folk's house?
If you mount the holder with screws put the plate on it stays there. You won't see the holes you made.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,113 Posts
So I don't get it why does it need to be no drill? Are you going to only put it on when you go to her folk's house?
If you mount the holder with screws put the plate on it stays there. You won't see the holes you made.
Maybe he's planning to move to a no-front-plate state some day?

Too bad there's no tow hook screw up front under the covers....

·
Registered
'19 GMC Acadia Denali, '02 Honda Civic EX
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only plan to mount it when we come out here. Texas state troopers are the only ones who bother me. I just do not like drilling holes in the bumper nor do I care for having a front plate mounted all the time. My other two vehicles don’t have front plates either. San Antonio and the surrounding areas can care less which is awesome for me haha

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
796 Posts
Only plan to mount it when we come out here. Texas state troopers are the only ones who bother me. I just do not like drilling holes in the bumper nor do I care for having a front plate mounted all the time. My other two vehicles don’t have front plates either. San Antonio and the surrounding areas can care less which is awesome for me haha
Yeah okay, I can test to that is Texas. I have two California registered vehicles and neither have from plates. But a few have made a comment while I was at a truck stop or rest area (usually from Houston to the Louisiana border like "doesn't your state require front plates?". I just say yes and go on my way. On the Camry of course, I have a Notre Dame plate, nothing on the truck. I have never been stopped in any state or even the many Border Patrol checkpoints along my travels.

I like the clean look on my truck. Any way to put a soft backing on and then just temporarily zip tie it to the lower grill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah okay, I can test to that is Texas. I have two California registered vehicles and neither have from plates. But a few have made a comment while I was at a truck stop or rest area (usually from Houston to the Louisiana border like "doesn't your state require front plates?". I just say yes and go on my way. On the Camry of course, I have a Notre Dame plate, nothing on the truck. I have never been stopped in any state or even the many Border Patrol checkpoints along my travels.

I like the clean look on my truck. Any way to put a soft backing on and then just temporarily zip tie it to the lower grill.
I’ll probably end up doing that. There is a guy in the Mustang community that makes custom brackets, I may hit him up and see if it’s possible. If it is, I’ll be sure to post his info here in case anyone wants one. What’s really funny is even DPS in San Antonio doesn’t bother me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts