Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
🤷‍♀️ .... I will post a pic tonight of my setup..... I don't have a nav unit and I don't use garmin's because I don't want to buy dvd updates all the time for allot of money.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
What's wrong with Google Maps for navigation or something similar? Most smartphones have something similar at this point.
Google Maps have wanted me to drive in alleyways even though my location was right there. I prefer my Garmin instead, otherwise I may use Google Maps for quick trips to certain stores or to get the address to input into my Garmin.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like it, my only issue is that if I need to look down away from my view I consider it a hazard. (I am gonna make a separate thread for interior set ups, please post this there.)
You would be surprised how little head/eye movement there is to see the screen. It is also 10.5 inches and shows so much more detail than a phone screen.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
You would be surprised how little head/eye movement there is to see the screen. It is also 10.5 inches and shows so much more detail than a phone screen.
It depends on how much detail you need. I try not to do much other than swipe to next or previous and to get a general direction of where I am going.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts