Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just got my new 2019 RAV4 limited. When I use the backup camera, there is no dynamic sway line. There are supposed to be a set of yellow lines that sway with the steering wheel. When I try to select the option on the screen, I got an exclamation mark. Don't know what it means.

Anyone got the same problem here?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just got my new 2019 RAV4 limited. When I use the backup camera, there is no dynamic sway line. There are supposed to be a set of yellow lines that sway with the steering wheel. When I try to select the option on the screen, I got an exclamation mark. Don't know what it means.

Hi,

I got the 19 lxe and no yellow lines either. Plus no low tire pressure monitoring. I guess the premium and above have all the goodies.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The ebrochure shows all trims having the backup camera with projected path, but there are different kinds depending on the headunit version, my XLE Premium has the projected path yellow lines, IIRC from past reading that to make adjustments to any setting, the engine must be running or at least the ignition on, otherwise the options on the display are inactive/grayed out.
https://www.toyota.com/rav4/ebrochure/

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ok, fiddled with mine after reading the manual again, at the bottom of the backup screen are 3 buttons, the 2 on the left select rear view or wide rear view, the button on the right scrolls thru 3 options, >Estimated course line display mode >Parking assist guide line display mode >Distance guide line display mode. It's covered in the parking assist monitor section of the manual, page 301 of the .pdf manual.

https://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om-s/OM0R009U/pdf/OM0R009U.pdf

·
Registered
97 Posts
The ebrochure shows all trims having the backup camera with projected path, but there are different kinds depending on the headunit version, my XLE Premium has the projected path yellow lines, IIRC from past reading that to make adjustments to any setting, the engine must be running or at least the ignition on, otherwise the options on the display are inactive/grayed out.
https://www.toyota.com/rav4/ebrochure/
Yeah, it does, but my LE doesn't have projected path (I'm assuming that's what the yellow lines are). I just have the stationary cyan rectangle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i have the same exclamation point at the screen where the yellow dynamic sway lines are supposed to be. Someone else at another forum mentioned that the car needs to be re-pdi or reprogrammed. my friend also has a limited and she has the same problem. anyone else run into this? i took it back to the dealership and they had no answers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I do and I am At Beechmont Toyota right now. I tried to tell them about this post and service tech wasn't hearing it. So I am waiting to see what they come up with . Frustrating when customer service does jot want to listen to the customer .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a little bit late, but my rav4 limited hybrid just came in a week ago and what you have to do is stop completely, put the car in reverse with your foot still on the break, and slowly, and I mean really slowly turn the wheel all the way to the left and when it hits it’s limit then keep pumping it. Then move it to the right really slowly and do the same. The lines should then appear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts