Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo:

We recently purchased 2 Matrix XR. One is a 2005 and the other is a 2006. Both red. (Actually I have a 01 Miata also red, of course.

Anyway, both Matirx have the basic alarm system on it - not the optional one.

When we use our key fobs to lock the cars, the only indication we get is that the parking lights flash.

I miss having the audible confirmation from the horn. I asked two dealers if there was any easy way to modify the cars to include an audible indication when locking the cars and they said no.

Does anyone out there know otherwise?

Thanks,
Steve / OHIO

·
Ford Ranger Driver
2015 Highlander Limited
9 Posts
Try an alarm istallation place.

Seems to me it ought to be as simple as tapping off the same output that blinks the lights and tie it to the horn. Probably need an isolation diode so that when you beep the horn the lights don't flash, but those alarm installer folks are usually pretty savvy about all that.

There is also a pretty good forum at http://www.the12volt.com/default.asp?

You might get results there.

·
Ford Ranger Driver
2015 Highlander Limited
9 Posts
Found this, take it to the alarm place

12volts
white (25A), black (15A)
+
ignition harness

Starter red + ignition harness Second Starter N/A Ignition black/white + ignition harness Second Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness Third Ignition N/A Accessory blue/red + ignition harness Second Accessory N/A Keysense blue/black - ignition harness Power Lock green - driver kick, 10 pin plug Power Unlock blue/yellow (double pulse) - driver kick, 10 pin plug Lock Motor blue 5wi driver kick, blue 12 pin plug Unlock Motor red 5wi driver kick, blue 12 pin plug Parking Lights+ green + driver kick, harness to rear Parking Lights- green/white - headlight switch Hazards yellow/black - flasher relay left of fuse box Turn Signal(L) green/black + flasher relay left of fuse box Turn Signal(R) green/yellow + flasher relay left of fuse box Reverse Light red/black + front of fuse box, 10 pin plug Door Trigger red - front of fuse box, 10 pin plug Dome Supervision use door trigger wire Trunk/Hatch Pin common with door trigger wire Hood Pin N/A Trunk/Hatch Release blue/white - release switch on dash Power Sliding Door N/A Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock Disarm No Unlock use key sense wire Tachometer black ac ECM, far right plug, pin 5 Wait to start N/A Brake Wire green/white + brake pedal switch Parking Brake red/black - parking brake switch Horn Trigger green/yellow - horn switch Memory Seat 1 N/A Memory Seat 2 N/A Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Modules

MAKE : TOYOTA | MODEL : MATRIX | YEAR : 2006
* The logo is registered trade mark of Toyota Corporate.
Copyright © 2000-2001 Directed Electronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Revised: 11 January 2001
This website is for the sole use of authorized DEI personel and it's participating installers and retailers. The information contained on these pages may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

Having trouble using this site? Let us know - [email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Audible Lock Confirmation

Thank you. Will do. Have been to one alarm company so far and they would not touch it. Will try another.

Steve

·
Tabarnak chu où?
94 Posts
So annoying the alarm system/remote keyless systems that have the horn sound....

I prefer by far having the lights flashing..... and if you are close enough you can hear the door lock engage

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd be surprised if you find any reputable alarm place or anyone else willing to hack into a factory wiring harness due to unknown and unforeseen future complications that you would be wanting to hold them responsible for. Unless it's plug & play with some connector or adaptor they already have, any tinkering would be frowned upon, in my past experiences.
Especially if the Dealer finds out, which they would by running any type of computer diagnostic test.

I personally do not care for the horn honking every time someone locks their car. I much prefer the light flash and solid "thunk" of the locks.

My 2 cents, but good luck in your endeavor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lock Chirp

Clamhead:

I have consulted with two alarm places and you seem to be right. Even though I have found someone on matrixowners.com that has detailed instructions on how to do it and even a video of the results, they are leary (and therefore I am too).

Wish it was set up like my Miata. If you press the lock button once it just locks the car. If you press twice it sounds my airhorns.

Oh well, will live with it the way it is.

Cheers,
Steve/Ohio

Clamhead said:
I'd be surprised if you find any reputable alarm place or anyone else willing to hack into a factory wiring harness due to unknown and unforeseen future complications that you would be wanting to hold them responsible for. Unless it's plug & play with some connector or adaptor they already have, any tinkering would be frowned upon, in my past experiences.
Especially if the Dealer finds out, which they would by running any type of computer diagnostic test.

I personally do not care for the horn honking every time someone locks their car. I much prefer the light flash and solid "thunk" of the locks.

My 2 cents, but good luck in your endeavor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts