Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a 2015 Toyota corolla S 1.8 I've done its regular maintenance on time, a few days ago it started misfiring so took it to the dealer said it needed an oil change and the VVT replaced and might as well do spark plugs I agreed said ok go ahead problem went away for a couple of days took it back they said it was the coils and injectors I didnt get that done am not made of money and so I went home, mind you Ive worked on cars before so took out the tools and started checking the car I have good fuel pressure injectors all are in the same resistance good spark switched out the coils I get misfire P0300 P0301 P0303 P0304 I erased the codes took it out and it always starts with P0301 I did the noid light on that injector and there is no pulse the rest of them have pulse except that one if I turn it off let it sit for 5min and start it up I have pulse its done the same thing on injector #4 and #1 only so far it just does it randomly there is power on the injector the pcm/ecm grounds it has anyone experience this? before I go and replace the PCM/ECM since its really basic wiring signal from pcm and power from fuse box anything would help I wont be at home over the weekend but ill be checking my inbox thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
Are you the original owner? Take a closer look at the coils to see if it's in fact a Denso unit.

Another way to test your coils and plugs is to lay it on the cylinder head and turn it over. If there's no spark, then it's the coil.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Regarding the injector pulse being cutoff by PCM suspect this is normal response from PCM to cylinder misfires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you the original owner? Take a closer look at the coils to see if it's in fact a Denso unit.

Another way to test your coils and plugs is to lay it on the cylinder head and turn it over. If there's no spark, then it's the coil.
75aces hello, and yes I am the original owner the coils are indeed denso as the original ones that came with the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding the injector pulse being cutoff by PCM suspect this is normal response from PCM to cylinder misfires.
cj1 hello and yes there is spark it never cuts of all 4 are firing, if in fact the pcm is cancelling the injector pulse would you think maybe at a certain time all 3 of the coils or even prob injectors are shorting inside causing this because the no pulse bounces from cyl 1 to cyl 3 and 4 the only one that has not given me issues is #2 and I did swap #2 with #1 with no change

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Question; "VVT replaced " was this the VVT sensor or VVT solenoid and which one( intake /exhaust)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Question; "VVT replaced " was this the VVT sensor or VVT solenoid and which one( intake /exhaust)?
Hello I am very sorry I am usually out of the states but receipt shows they replaced both exhaust and intake and well since I am barely around I gave it to my brother (he doesn't live close its why I don't let him work on my car) while I was gone so he replaced the injectors all 4, original from dealer, and so far the car hasn't misfired he was driving it around and yesterday when I got back I drove it about 2 hrs nonstop back home, and so far it hasn't misfired I'll drive it this week since I'll be home I will post if that fixed the issue thank you all for the input

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update Ive been driving it around and no misfire, I did ask my brother about the situation he told me so far hes had 3 toyotas with mine and that simililar issue apperently injectros short inside and cause the misfire issue, It never dawned on me to ask him first, because I really didn't think it would be a biggie of an issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts