Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preparing to re-do the rear drum brakes on a 2001 Camry. I bought a set of Wagner Thermoquiet shoes only to discover they did not come with the pins installed upon which the parking brake lever pivots.

In one thread I read, the author couldn't get the pins seated into the new shoes and had to re-install the originals. In another thread, they just trivially drove the pins out and back in with a hammer.

How much trouble will I run into trying to transfer those pins from the current shoes to the new ones?

·
Just play along....
corolla
3,384 Posts
Some are easy and some arent. Bad rust problems in my area make using them over a lost cause. I would ask for new pins from the store you got the parts from. They should be included but of course sometimes they arent.

-SP

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some are easy and some arent. Bad rust problems in my area make using them over a lost cause. I would ask for new pins from the store you got the parts from. They should be included but of course sometimes they arent.

-SP
Bought them thru Rock Auto, based on folks preferring this brand over the cheapos sold thru AutoZone or OReilleys (though it ironically appears the cheapo shoes *do* come with the pins installed. WTF.

Maybe I overlooked it, but if that shoe feature isn't explicitly called out by Rock Auto, they really should be.

·
short-throw dipstick
6,244 Posts
Bought them thru Rock Auto, based on folks preferring this brand over the cheapos sold thru AutoZone or OReilleys (though it ironically appears the cheapo shoes *do* come with the pins installed. WTF.

Maybe I overlooked it, but if that shoe feature isn't explicitly called out by Rock Auto, they really should be.
Yeah, I like their layout (well, the old HTML one) but wish package contents were more easily determined. Last time I ordered rear hub assemblies for an ES, it didn't say if they came with the wheel-seal o-ring, and I bought a couple extra so now I have extra o-rings to shoot at the teacher if I ever go back to school

1 - 4 of 4 Posts