Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 Corolla with just over 100,000 miles and this is my first problem. The automatic lights all work except the main headlights. When the sensor detects it is dark the DRL's go off and everything comes on except the main headlights. I checked all of the fuses and replaced the light bulbs. I checked the headlight relay switch and it seems alright. I live 30 miles from where I work and where the dealership is located, so it is pretty dark when I have to leave home. I hate to pay $75 to find out what is wrong and then $???? to fix what might be something I could do myself. Can anybody help
:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I checked all of the fuses that showed anything to do with headlights by replacing them with new fuses. Also, the manual light switch on the turn signal lever turns on everything except the main headlights and the DRL's go off. The dash sensor seems to be working but the main lights don't get the message.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
do your brights work? if so then you could use those, just aim them down

get a multimeter and start at the headlight harness, and work your way back to the battery if you have to, just find where there's an open

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No, the HI beams don't work either, not even the flash when the DRL's are on. We are going to start tracing things tonight. A friend who works on cars a lot is going to bring his tools and help. If we find the problem I will post asap.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts