Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Every road's a playground
2000 camry ce
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a small change. No more name badge on the left side. IMO looks a lot cleaner.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
You mean the "Lexus" badge? Those have been gone for years haven't they? The "Toyota" ones have been phased out. The current Camry and Corolla don't have them and neither does the Prius or Venza. The 2010 Avalon does, not sure about the '11.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
Yeah it is cleaner. Also its a sign that your brand/company's logo is so established people will recognize it. Obviously some of Lexus' cars are more known, but of course the Camry and Corolla are well established names/cars.

I've noticed other carmakers are doing it as well. Maybe not on all cars but a lot of them.:thumbsup:

·
straight cash homie
21,286 Posts
Yeah it is cleaner. Also its a sign that your brand/company's logo is so established people will recognize it. Obviously some of Lexus' cars are more known, but of course the Camry and Corolla are well established names/cars.

I've noticed other carmakers are doing it as well. Maybe not on all cars but a lot of them.:thumbsup:
Toyota got rid of the "TOYOTA" emblem on both Corolla and Camry. They started doing with this with the new models (Camry for 2007, Corolla 2009). Haven't checked the other models.

·
Registered
09' Camry SE
5 Posts
i agree i like the debadged look its the 1st thing i always do to my cars. all i have is the emblem on the front and the emblem on the back. i got rid of the camry and the se. i also sprayed my emblems black to make it look a little bit different than others.

·
Save The Manuals
1999 Avalon XLS
1,837 Posts
You mean the "Lexus" badge? Those have been gone for years haven't they? The "Toyota" ones have been phased out. The current Camry and Corolla don't have them and neither does the Prius or Venza. The 2010 Avalon does, not sure about the '11.
Nope, our 2010 ES still has it on the left side.

IMO, I like the new look. It looks a little cleaner now.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
Nope, our 2010 ES still has it on the left side.

IMO, I like the new look. It looks a little cleaner now.
I think it looks pretty good too, but I don't mind the badges either myself. I think it's an easy way for them to cut costs and is also redundant, since the "L" and the Sombrero are known as Lexus and Toyota.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts