Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru BRZ
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They used to have good sales around major holidays like memorial day and July 4th. But I haven't seen any thing this year. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's due to Covid. They were getting so much business that they would have lost a lot of potential income if they had done sales. I asked about it when I went there a few weeks ago.

Just remember, they really don't care about helping people. It is a business through and through. That's why they offered me $55 for Monty lol. Sold it through a retailer and it ironically ended up getting picked up by PnP for $200.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru BRZ
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't expect junkyard to be filled with people due to covid. Are they bored or they don't have money new parts?

·
Registered
365 Posts
PnP was considered an essential business. And since most people weren't working and had time, they went to get parts. A lot of people. The parking lots at the two I usually go to were more full the past few months than they have been on the half off days!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru BRZ
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad for me. I have a lot of time too now. Thinking about replacing the rear drum brakes. Life is full of competition all the time!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
FYI PickNPull is owned by Schnitzer Steel so anything they don't sell is made into crappy re-bar and the like. They send most everything to China and the price of scrap steel is down quite a bit.

I'd expect cars to stay on their lots a long time as they buy fewer and try to sell as much parts off them as possible before they are shredded and sent to ROC. Where I live (NCal) their clientele is ~70% Hispanic and those guys are HUGELY unemployed with Covid.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've come to really hate PNP. Their prices are all over the damn place and they try to nickel and dime you on everything.

If you go there for any major part that's going to take a while to remove be sure to ask for a price on the item in question and detail exactly what you want with it. They tried to charge me $60 for a window regulator for a buick once, left it right there on the counter. Ordered a brand new one for less than that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
OG Yota, their website lists parts prices at each facility. Why not just print the part that has the price you want, then show it to them if they try to over-charge?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've mentioned that before to one location and they put up a bigger fuss about it than I actually did. I guess they were upset someone actually questioned them on it, instead of accepting the below the belt ramming they were attempting to dish out. It was a location that's over a half hour drive from me so I never go there any more. I have about 4-5 PNP local to me and I've had different experiences with them all.

One of my PNP even has a "premier yard", where they place cars with much more desirable parts and charge a premium for it. They pretty much put all 4th gen camrys and 3rd gen ES300 in this section. Its ridiculous.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What state are you in?

I get their stupid survey e-mail requests after I visit. If you do, give them your thoughts. Also, have you complained to a manager?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in Ca

I've only had maybe 2-3 situations where I felt they attempted to overcharge or nickle and dime me. Yes I've spoken to a manager once regarding a side view mirror, person at the counter wanted to charge extra because the actual mirror was still attached, and because there was a harness sticking out of the powered mirror haha, I'm not sure if these people I've encountered were new or whatever.

I still like to go there for small interior parts or small under the hood items. Overall I think some of their prices are a little high though in my opinion. Like you said best printed info from their website or ask before spending hours removing something.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Meanwhile the main PnP I go to knows me and gives me discounts or lets me have parts for free. They have always tried to give me the lowest price possible on thing.

·
Registered
435 Posts
They didn't have a 50% off sale here for Memorial day weekend like they did last year. Oh well, still better than buying new if used OEM works...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Meanwhile the main PnP I go to knows me and gives me discounts or lets me have parts for free. They have always tried to give me the lowest price possible on thing.
That sounds nice, do you go there often? I probably go once/twice every 6 months or so lol. I never bothered to establish a relationship with any workers there. Plus I have so many locations nearby I jump around to whomever has the cars I need.

They didn't have a 50% off sale here for Memorial day weekend like they did last year. Oh well, still better than buying new if used OEM works...
I was hoping for that sale so I could pick up a transmission core to rebuild for my lexus.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I do go someone often. Maybe once a month or so. But the main gentleman is the manager and he is retired military, and I am currently in the army. I think he remembers me from that mostly.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,025 Posts
"Does anyone know whether they're open this coming July 4?"

You can call them to find out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts