Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 1998 Camry with no power windows and no power door locks on drivers side. I can use the power door lock on the passenger side but none of the windows will work. I replaced the switch on the drivers door and the 30 amp fuse. When I close the drivers door I can hear the power door lock try to engage a couple of times

· Registered
6 Posts
Just out of curiosity is the replacement switch a new part or a junkyard part? I have found that junkyard parts often have the same problems as the parts they are replacing. I had a similar problem on my '99 where the rear left window stopped working one day. At first I suspected the window motor and after I replaced it the problem got really weird: the window would roll down but not back up. I then took the driver's door switch from my other Toyota and swapped it out, which has fixed the problem 100%. For my other car I ran to the the junkyard since the OEM replacement runs about $120 (Those switches are quite popular; I must have gone through about 10 potential donor cars to find one that still had the switch in it). My junkyard switch works all of the windows perfectly but does not unlock the doors. Anyways, best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.