Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the battery on my 2008 (this is the third one I have done) and on this round, I am not getting any sound out of the radio. The radio works and so does NAV, but no sound. I also noticed that if I go to the "sound" screen, I cannot adjust the bass, tremble or front/back/left/right. Any ideas???? I did try to reset unit by disconnecting battery again, but no luck.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I am not sure but it maybe a security Lock Out. Many heads had that a long time ago and lock out if they're disconnected from the vehicle. You may have simulated it being stolen. Check your owners manual or call the dealer.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
No security lockout to worry about.

I would leave battery disconnect overnight to allow all capacitors to discharge. And, I am assuming you checked all fuses already, don't have any sticking buttons on the headunit, and that nothing is 'muted' or taken over by questionable cell-phone.

Otherwise, the headunit fried when powering up with the new battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't look at fuses, but what boggles me is that you can see the radio is picking-up stations, the NAV is giving directions and I placed a CD in and it is reading and playing, but no sound. No telephone interference or sticking buttons. As of last night.

Also, as of this morning, it won't read the DVD (NAV).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Check the fuses as an Amp will have another circuit over and above the stereo.

this is where a signature come in.
Full details on the model and build configuration, location and more are needed. We're just guessing generically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts