Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 96 camry dx. it had an aftermarket alpine deck in it. one night i turned the volume up to about 25 (which ive done plenty of times without problems) and then all of a sudden, only the 2 subs are workin. no sound from door speakers or rear deck speakers:thumbdown but the subs are still hittin hard.:thumbup:

so i assumed that the internal amp on the alpine fried. i had pioneer deck out of my old car that i decided to swap. i pulled the alpine out and found a cut factory wiring harness:thumbdown so i went to the junk yard and pulled out a couple of used oem toyota camry stereo harnesses and printed a wiring diagram so see what wires were for what and wired it up. i quadruple checked to make sure all the wires were correctly put together and everything is perfect. the pioneer deck powers up, i get a quick little crackle out of the left rear speaker and bass from the subs but no sounds from the door or rear deck speakers.

to sum it up in shorter terms, 2 different decks hooked up, both power up but provide no sound from door speakers/rear deck speakers but they do provide plenty of boom from the 2 subs on a separate amp.:confused:

does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the issue here?:eek:

·
R.I.P. '95 Camry LE V6
'95 Toyota Camry LE
1,267 Posts
did you check the wires that are hook up to the speakers itself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked at the rear speaker wires and they were fine so im assuming that the door speakers are ok too. ive had many jobs working with car stereo wiring and have never run into something like this. mind boggling. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
problem solved

i did some more troubleshooting tonight and come to find out, it was a defective left rear speaker that was disrupting the sound from the rest of them. :hammer:

therefore, i wasted a lot of time and luckily, just a little bit of money to fix a problem that turned out to be a lot smaller than it really was.:clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.