Toyota Nation Forum banner

No Start until we unplug Bank 1 cam sensor

980 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  insightbrewery 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Camry with the 3.0 V6 and it will not start with the bank 1 Cam sensor connected. After i disconnect the sensor it will start but feels like it is missing on three cylinders and the scan tool will not show the miss fires in the counter. anyone ever seen this?

#2 ·
Not on your particular vehicle, but with a 4cyl 1st Gen Kia Sportage - the (Cam Sensor) was shorted internally.

Is the Check Engine Light / Malfunction Indicator Lamp (CEL/MIL) light on? If so, hooking up a DTC code reader / scanner, and pulling DTC codes may help.

#3 ·
Isn't there only a Bank 2 (front bank) cam sensor? Front right as you're looking at the engine bay.

+1 shorting internally, happens more to other brands (especially BMWs) than our cars but is possible. Typical (not always) symptom is pulling the connector off the cam sensor and finding oil around the terminals, internal crack/seal let go and voila. Mine was working fine but I found oil seeping through the connector so I replaced it with a new Denso.

Reactions: CamryFL
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.