Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
yah ..... okay
USE20
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i've put some Tokico and eibach as well as the whiteline RSB on to my 98 LE back at August. It was awsome, until recently some knocking noise were coming from the back.

noise would be heard even my car go over the slightest bumps on the road, so that means my car is CONSTANTLY knocking LoL at first i was assuming the RSB bushing, but having that checked nothing was lose or anything. The exhaust was sitting tight.
the only thing that i have in mind is the two rear strut mount. but before i take everything apart again.

i am just here to seek advice.

Thanks guys =)

·
yah ..... okay
USE20
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Phi, for the info.

i looked into that and my sway bar seems like is not hitting the frame of the car. the sway bar does not make lateral movement.

however, i jacked up the car and i see scratch marks in the middle of the sway bar. i think the sway bar is moving up and down. i have no idea why it is doing that, seems like nothing was lose.

·
yah ..... okay
USE20
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bushings are tight, linkage are tight too.

so are those nuts located at the top of the rear strut mount ???

btw, i see some visable damage on the sway bar itself, like in the middle of the sway bar, there's this two spots where paint came off. and i am just aasuming that's where it is hitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts