Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Prius 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Prius 2016 since April 2016, it was amazing to drive it during these 44 months, no problem at all so I decided to change it for a new one Prius 2020, I have just received yesterday afternoon and it was "normal" but today morning my wife took it to her office and when she was going in reverse I heard a "buzzy" sound coming from the car. I went into the dealer and ask what about that NOISE and they said "it is NORMAL". I had drove my prius 2016 during 44 months AND NO SOUND AT ALL. Now they say "it is normal" for Prius 2020.

Believe me, THIS SOUND is NOT nice at all. I have NO IDEA what are they trying or pretending to do, but I really dislike this.

·
7,103 Posts
As you know, reverse is electric only. It may be sound of motor. They could have, also, added a buzzer as warning to pedestrians. Some states now require noise generators on EVs and hybrids.

·
Registered
Prius 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sound or buzz, should it be possible to “turn it on/off” as you said “some states ask to added as a warning for pedestrians” BUT it is not!!!! Believe me this “buzz” sounds LOUDER than a IC (internally combustion) engine!!!!!! It is CRAZY. It sounds insane to drive this car at night (pretending not to make noise) at the neighborhood.

·
7,103 Posts
Take it to dealer then and let them have it. That's what warranty is for. Better off, try same year Prius at same dealer. Is it making same noise? Then it's normal. If not - warranty.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,445 Posts
Make use of your warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts