Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two times when putting my 2021 Highlander Platinum in reverse I hear a sudden snap or pop occur. I got out the first time to see if I had backed over something or
backed into an object....and there was nothing. I then backed out of the garage and driveway and put the car in drive and then heard a clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk that stopped after about 100 yards. I have 3700 miles of the suv and contacted Toyota
Customer Service to report. She assigned a case number to my problem report.
Going to the dealer next week to have them check it out.
Wondering if the electronic brake is an issue. Has anyone else had a problem like mine?

·
2015 Highlander LE Plus
2021 Highlander XSE
175 Posts
Multiple times when shifting into reverse I’ve found the button under the shifter handle is still depressed. Moving the shifter slightly releases the button and makes a noise. Maybe that’s it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Multiple times when shifting into reverse I’ve found the button under the shifter handle is still depressed. Moving the shifter slightly releases the button and makes a noise. Maybe that’s it?
The noise I hear comes from the back of the car and the clunking noise seems to center around the rear wheels as they rotate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The noise I hear comes from the back of the car and the clunking noise seems to center around the rear wheels as they rotate.
Do you have the emergency brake programed to engage when you put it in Park? The noise can be the E brake disengaging?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have the emergency brake programed to engage when you put it in Park? The noise can be the E brake disengaging?
Yes, I do have it on auto engage. I will remove that feature for now and talk to the dealer about that. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts